Well, we were going to tell you about this Folgers commercial that FishNChimps thought was way too happy happy but the Folgers site took too damn long to load. Humorously, the load page of the site says, "A website dedicated to making your mornings more tolerable. Not this morning, dudes. Speed up your site and then maybe, just maybe we'll watch your stupid spot.
That Sasquatch just won't die. This time, he's alive and well for a Jack Link's Beef Jerky campaign that involves four TV spots, and online site and...please tell us this is going to stop soon...a MySpace profile.
The Philadelphia Tourism Office will launch a new Broadway-style commercial this Sunday, June 11, during the Tony Awards on CBS. It's an appropriate placement for sure. There's a guy in pajamas, a teddy bear, stunt bears professional dancers and the mayor. We're not into Broadway syle entirtainment so the whole thing looks horrifically cheesy to us but, that's just us. The rets of you might like it. The :30 is here. The :60 is here.
With the tagline, "Philly's More Fun When You Sleep Over," the spot promotes the city's amenities including the Philly Overnight Hotel Package. Beyond the Tony, the ad will continue to air until July 2. The overall campaign will include radio in New York, Boston and Harrisburg; billboards in New York's Theater District and in Atlantic City; Cinema advertising in New York and Boston area theaters; multiple newspapers and online on such site as DailyCandy, CitySearch, Philly.com and NYpost.com.
- You can catch live coverage of the VCU Adcenter Executive management Training for Creative Directors here.
- Media Magazine has announced its call for entries for its third annual Creative Media Awards.If you're into media, this is your award show.
- Britney Spears has trademarked the name of her baby Sean Preston, apparently for a future line of clothing.
Not very good, but here's a new commercial for a very cool, new product, Slingbox.
- Atlanta's WestWayne created an experiential marketing event for the Southwest Toyota Distributors to promote Scion with a visual arts fest.
- The NBA wants for female fans and has launched an ad campaign directed at them along with a branded line of clothing.
- Hot show Grey's Anatomy has advertisers slathering and one, fashion retailer New York & Co. has signed series stars Elle Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey to appear in their fall campaign.
Tugging at our heartstrings, this commercial, created by Mullen, for online video game service GameTap urges us to feel for game character who don't see enough game time. We are urged to have a caring heart, pick up our game controllers, visit gametap.com and play on.
First there was the Raging Cow and now there's Cows for Silk. To promote Silk, a soy milk product, the company has decided to use cows in its ad campaign and to create a site/blog where cows named Frank, Connie and Amanda can babble on endlessly about why it's better to drink soy than to have their own tits (yes, that is the term farmers openly use to describe that particular piece of cow anatomy) squeezed for milk. We pity the poor marketing people/copywriters who have to write cow hottie stuff like this:
"Drinking Silk was my first step to the "wow Amanda is so fine" comments. I eat healthy because I can. I get herbal swamp mud and fragrant sea cucumber body wraps at the spa because I can. And I drink Silk because I can. I know that this is the only Amanda I get - you better believe I flaunt it."
While everyone's probably already seen these, Adrants being all about advertising, we'd be remiss if we didn't mention them here for posterity. Anyone who has a brain knows Jessica Alba is hosting this year's MTV Movie Awards. She's also appeared in three commercial to promote the show. They're intentionally cheesy, she has all her clothes on, Nicole Richie makes a cameo and you can watch them here, here and here.
ATTIK SF and LA have, today, launched an in-cinema and broadcast animation-fest for their client, Scion. There are three :30's in the campaign, xA Shadow, xB Swarm and tC Shark. Each was directed by ATTIK Creative Director Simon Needham with animation help from Shilo Design, Stardust Studios and Blind. It's something we wouldn't mind watching prior to a movie.
While male race car fans drool over Danika Patrick, female fans fantasize about Kasey Kahne in this new commercial for Allstate Insurance. It seems, the ladies' fantasies get the best of them and do a little damage to Kahne's car.
- For the Partnership for a Healthy Mississippi, Maris, West & Baker has created a new commercial called Candy Factory that teaches children about the harmful effects of smoking.
- Here's a pretty cool promo for MTV2's Sic'Emation animated programming block. The promotions was created by AMP.
- The Chicago City Council has approved taxi cab advertising and 2,175 of the city's 6,900 cabs have asked to carry ads which will be sold by two companies.
- Pittsburgh's Iron City Beer gets Presidential mention.
- Students at the University of Pittsburgh have won the Hinda Fit Marketing Challenge besting 17 other schools. The winning entry may be used in an upcoming campaign.
- We wouldn't know anything about feminine wash products but this ad for Summer's Eve is ingeniously gross.
- Sometimes even the best efforts at removing graffiti are completely pointless.