Communications company Cisco Systems has launched a new campaign centered around the typically nightmarish aspects of office life such as missed meetings, endless phone tag, conference call insanity, video headaches, wiring difficulties and all those other inane idiosyncrasies that make you wish for the days before the fax machine launched us into office technology hell. Ten videos cover just about every office technology nightmare except for the biggest one of them all. People. No matter how wonderful Cisco technology might be, no technology can connect people if there's no one there to connect to. If Cisco can solve that problem, office life might actually be something to look forward to.
- Two guys are following England around Germany as the 'Unofficial' Coca-cola mascots and reporting back to fans via their video blog.
- Here's a little Aussie viral for a roadside assistance company that puts a twist on on asking mom and Dad to use their car.
- Here's the third installment of the incredibly stupid Truth campaign in which the guy with the goofy hair calls attentions to jogging, M&M's and smoking addiction. It's just not working.
- Walking in on your hottie having sex with a bunch of other guys and not flinching is a poker face Poker.com would appreciate.
- Katherine Harris' U.S. Senate Campaign is getting some seriously hilarious spoof treatment and is racking up tons of views in the Huffington Post Contagious Viral contest.
- Here's what Aussies do to promote cricket in London.
- More Nike Joga Bonita football...uh...soccer fun.
Usually when a crowd sees a naked woman running across a football field, it's an amusingly pleasant site. That's initially the case in this spot but once the woman is dragged off the field, it becomes apparent she isn't there by choice and neither are thousands of women and girls who are trafficked to Germany during the World Cup for prostitution. A strong message.
While Axe may have made fun of guys without girlfriends in a previous campaign called Get A Girlfriend, they aren't completely heartless and have followed up that campaign with Got A Girlfriend. After watching the spot, you'll realize it really is more fun to plat quarters with your girlfriend that it is with a bunch of guys.
As part of its "My Circle" calling plan that allows anyone to add anyone from any cell service and call them for free, a new TV commercial collects the icons from Verizon, Sprint, T-mobile and Cingular and has a bit of fun with them at a bowling alley. It's one of the funnier ads we've seen in a while.
kirshenbaum bond + partners along with Tool of North America director Sam Cadman have created a new PSA campaign for Collaboration to AdoptUsKids, a cooperative agreement between The Children's Bureau, Administration for Children & Families, the US Department of Health & Human Services and the Adoption Exchange Association. The four spots focus on human imperfection to let prospective parents know they don't have to be perfect to adopt a child. The spots can be viewed here, here, here and here. They're good.
Well, we were going to tell you about this Folgers commercial that FishNChimps thought was way too happy happy but the Folgers site took too damn long to load. Humorously, the load page of the site says, "A website dedicated to making your mornings more tolerable. Not this morning, dudes. Speed up your site and then maybe, just maybe we'll watch your stupid spot.
That Sasquatch just won't die. This time, he's alive and well for a Jack Link's Beef Jerky campaign that involves four TV spots, and online site and...please tell us this is going to stop soon...a MySpace profile.
The Philadelphia Tourism Office will launch a new Broadway-style commercial this Sunday, June 11, during the Tony Awards on CBS. It's an appropriate placement for sure. There's a guy in pajamas, a teddy bear, stunt bears professional dancers and the mayor. We're not into Broadway syle entirtainment so the whole thing looks horrifically cheesy to us but, that's just us. The rets of you might like it. The :30 is here. The :60 is here.
With the tagline, "Philly's More Fun When You Sleep Over," the spot promotes the city's amenities including the Philly Overnight Hotel Package. Beyond the Tony, the ad will continue to air until July 2. The overall campaign will include radio in New York, Boston and Harrisburg; billboards in New York's Theater District and in Atlantic City; Cinema advertising in New York and Boston area theaters; multiple newspapers and online on such site as DailyCandy, CitySearch, Philly.com and NYpost.com.
- You can catch live coverage of the VCU Adcenter Executive management Training for Creative Directors here.
- Media Magazine has announced its call for entries for its third annual Creative Media Awards.If you're into media, this is your award show.
- Britney Spears has trademarked the name of her baby Sean Preston, apparently for a future line of clothing.
Not very good, but here's a new commercial for a very cool, new product, Slingbox.
- Atlanta's WestWayne created an experiential marketing event for the Southwest Toyota Distributors to promote Scion with a visual arts fest.
- The NBA wants for female fans and has launched an ad campaign directed at them along with a branded line of clothing.
- Hot show Grey's Anatomy has advertisers slathering and one, fashion retailer New York & Co. has signed series stars Elle Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey to appear in their fall campaign.