- Behind the Scenes of Angie Harmon's New "Got Milk?" Ad
- Don't blame your lazy neighbor for rising medical care costs. BCBS North Carolina wants to have a big 'ol social media-style conversation about the issue.
- Meet BMW's M Gladiators, part of a new campaign in China for the brand.
- Not to belittle but yet another domestic abuse concept which travels down the "afraid to tell" path. This one riffs on YouTube's "removed by user" screen.
- A humorous look at what the world of Out of Office email advertising could look like.
Well this is novel. Fresh. New. Different. And yet, a riff on an old favorite: the flip book. Dulcidio Caldeira from ParanoidBR sent us recent work the company did for MTV Brazil. It's really quite ingenious.
The one minute commercial tells a story using images drawn on hundreds of balloons which are then popped by a device with a camera mounted on a dolly which travels at a speed fast enough to pop and film 10 balloons each second. Caldeira tells us it took 24 hours to get the multiple shots needed to piece together the story.
If you look closely, you can see the dolly took several different trips down thr track to get the entire story told. Very cool. We like.
Turtle Wax would like us to know certain things are more important in life than becoming a best selling author or get a multi-year professional sports deal or become the next dot com millionaire. Yes. According to Turtle Wax, the only thing that really matters in life...is a well waxed car. Oh, and it helps if that car is a classic.
The spot, called Do Yourself Proud, was created by HY Connect.
Here's one for the ladies. And this is a good thing. Because 999,999,999 out of a billion commercials with a sexual theme are created for men. Why? For the same reason the porn industry is centered almost entirely around the needs of men. It's just the way it is.
But that doesn't mean a woman doesn't enjoy ogling a hot dude once in a while and that's exactly what this Jillz commercial gives the ladies.
- As part of its 70th anniversary celebrations, Coach has tapped Gwyneth Paltrow as the face of its Fall 2011 and Spring 2012 international campaigns.
- The cheesiest lingerie ad you will ever see.
- R/GA thinks it's been ripped off by StarGroup. What do you think?
- Nautica is hyping its summer Nautica Concert Series with all manner of social media including a presence on Facebook.
- Mullen is out with new work for the Barnes & Noble Nook Color.
- Traveling dick urges us to have safe sex.
- Ogilvy has some fun with the Royal Wedding.
Wow. This would have to be like Heaven for the ladies. What woman wouldn't want an actual teddy bear for a mate? That's the premise of this Lowe & Partners Madrid-created commercial for Unilever's Cornetto Enigma ice cream treat.
Ice cream. A Teddy Bear. What's not to love?
We have mixed feelings about this new Mechanica-created television commercial for Saucony, the brand's first-ever television outing. Of course we understand the concept of the ad which is to find your inner
string strong. And it is inner. It's more than just muscles and vigorous training. It's a mindset.
But the concept plays out like an overwrought Nike wannabe commercial. Which, of course, doesn't necessarily make it bad. But there is an upside. It features a hot guy. And that's a rarity in advertising these days so we must say this commercial isn't all bad.
What's a woman's place in this world? According to Miller Lite, it's to make sure men are properly satisfied with the right light beer. And they have to be properly trained to do so which is why there's Miller Liteguard Training Academy, a rigorous, military-style school were hot women in bathing suits where women are instructed in the proper methods of male beer consumption management.
The Liteguards will be ready for summer deployment so if you see a hot woman running down the beach in slow motion, boob bouncing, Baywatch-style, you had better be drinking the right beer. Well, if you really want to have some fun, you should be drinking he wrong beer. That way you'll be assured of receiving some quality, one-on-one training from some hot bouncing boob beer babe. We hear their boobs bounce even when standing still.
The commercial, created by Draftfcb was released at the end of March.
We'd like to know your thoughts on this one. A recent Budweiser ad centers on the story of a soldier returning home. In the ad, he first calls a friend and then his parents. When he finally gets home he is first hugged by his friend and then his family and other friends.
Some are calling this ad gay-themed. We say it is. We also say who gives a shit? Anyone, gay or straight, can shoot a gun and kill the enemy. But what we do give a shit about is the way Budweiser crafted this ad. Nebulous is a good word to describe the way the ad plays out.
This is just gross! Really, really gross! It hurts just to watch. It's an ad for Toyota Aygo and it's all about breaking the apron strings...so to speak. Ouch. Gross. Painful. But, of course, way too good not to share!