- "Opulence. I has it." Right up there with Verizon Dumb Dads and blacks who love chicken comes this new commercial from Grey New York and Biscuit Filmworks' director Tim Godsall for DirecTV that portrays a Russian doofus as if he were an Italian goomba. Oh wait, is that too many layers of stereotyping?
- Guys, why do all the work looking for a date when you can just sit back and let the women come to you?
- If you own a company, you can direct your own commercials. And that's just what Justin Timberlake did for his 901 Silver Tequila. The ad is dumb.
- Naomi Watts will front Ann Taylor's Autumn 2010 advertising campaign.
- Steffan Postaer, author of The Happy Soul Industry, is out with a new book. It's called Sweet by Design. He calls it a novel/social media experiment.
- Yawn. Well, sort of. Scotch Tape's new ad is derivatively predictable and brilliantly witty all at the same time. (See, we didn't write the headline.)
- Nike Women Just Survive it. And it's a lot to survive.
- I Need My Fucking Super Technocrane. Another Xtra Normal video celebrating the pomposity of directors.
- This has nothing to so with advertising. Unless, of course, you think Staten Island needs an ad campaign to improve (ruin) its image.
- Wanna see the weirdest bank commercial ever? It's right here.
- Director Sam Cadman gives us The Young and the Connected, an online soap opera about the daily live of the socially connected. From RKCR/Y&R.
Leave it to Axe to save little boys from losing it prematurely at the site of a beautiful girl. Nothing like the cascade of bodily fluids to ruin that first moment of contact. Not every girl likes a guy who's overly prolific with is fluids so Axe is there to save the day. Or the moment.
Everyone has sex in the middle of a hardtop playground, right? Especially if you're not in school any more, you're a hard-bodied model and it's a Calvin Klein commercial. And if a guy named Fabien Baron directed you and Lara Stone was the object of desire, it's all perfectly plausible. Oh, and let's not forget the thousands of dollars you'll receive in exchange for a few scrapes and bruises suffered during the shoot.
Yea. It's a new commercial for Calvin Klein Jeans. And yea, there's nudity (brief). But it's art. So it's all good, right?
OK. We are WIDE awake this morning thanks to Primitive Shoes and import car model Justene Jaro who, bless her soul (body?), has awoken us in ways that are, well, just not fit for publication...even on Adrants. Anyway, filth out of the way, curvaceous cutie Justene Jaro is featured in a two minute promotional video for the 20-year-old Nike Air Max 90.
As if we were watching a long form beer commercial of old or some cheesy auto parts ad in the back of Hot Rod magazine, Jaro's bulbous breasts burst forth, spilling from above and below the confines of her revealing top as it struggles to contain her pendulous pulchritude. Clad only in lingerie..and sometimes ripped Daisy Dukes...Jaro frolicks about on a bed, on a couch and on a set of stairs while wearing, playing with and, yes, seductively licking a pair of Nike Air Max 90s.
Microsoft is out with a couple new ads for Bing. The ads parody movie classics such as Easy Rider and Thelma and Louise. The ads illustrate how each movie's outcome might have changed had the characters had access to Bing.
Alas, revisionist history is just that. And in a world organized and categorized by Google, it's unlikely Bing will amount to anything more than Apple's eWorld did back in the days when AOL ruled the world.
We love Specsavers. More accurately, we love their advertising. If you've seen the submarine movie Das Boot (or the Matthew McConaughey version of it), you'll appreciate this commercial. But you won't see the end coming. Though if you use your imagination and understand that Specsavers ads are always about what can happen if you don't have the right specs, you just might figure it out before the reveal.
Dita Von Teese, the American burlesque dancer who's loved by Europeans, is featured in a new video for Perrier. In the video, the dice are rolled and, depending upon the outcome, Dita will "strip" or lick her lips. It's all very PG-13 and YouTube acceptable. She finishes the video by bathing herself in Perrier, hardly as sexy as, say, milk or oil but, again, this is YouTube.
Said to have been inspired by 1940s-era Hollywood stars as Betty Grable and Bettie Page, Dita was once married to rocker Marilyn Manson.
Getting about as racy as it can - which isn't really saying much - Gillette surveyed a bunch of women regarding how they like it shaved. But the "it" they're talking about - though you can see it coming a mile away - isn't the "it" some might think, um, it is.
- Wanna be white? Wanna be black? Check out this Whittaker's Chocolate commercial.
- Miles Nadal and Alex Bogusky have a "life contract." So...um...what happened?
- Scrabble. When getting sodomized and having syphilis is completely fine.
- Colenso BBDO, Auckland filled water coolers with blood, to promote the new show Vampire Diaries on TV2.
- The Perlorian Brothers do Stride.
- For fans of fashion advertising, Miranda Kerr is front and center in the new Fall/Winter Prada campaign.
- Samgsung defeats redneck hunter.
- The world's most admired companies.
- Need some thing in the morning? Check out the latest American Apparel ad.
- Scarlett Johansson promotes the Autumn/Winter collection for Spanish brand Mango.