In a new :30 from RKCR/Y&R for Activia featuring English actress Martine McCutcheon, the agency goes all out trying to add some sort of sex appeal to "intensely creamy" Activia. It's a barf-tastic attempt to infuse the most mundane food with provocative seductiveness. And it's just icky.
You know those OnStar commercial that are based on actual customer calls? Boring right? Aside from a few really famous customer service calls where the callers freak out, most calls are just plain boring. So if a brand is going to highlight them in a campaign, they kinda need a little help to maintain interest.
This new Zappos commercial from Mullen accomplishes this with a simple customer service call re-enacted by puppets.
Why are we writing about this crap? Why do we ever write about this crap? Banned ad! Woo hoo! Look at our banned ad! It's so controversial, It's so offensive.
"Bookmaker Paddy Power's latest commercial has fallen foul of regulators who fear it likely to cause widespread offense. The advert - depicts four wheelchair bound actors 'doing a runner' on their bill from a curry house. One of the actors wears a branded Hearts & Balls rugby shirt, to raise the profile of a rugby-based charity that helps players who have been impacted by catastrophic injury."
It shouldn't be banned because it's offensive. It should be banned becasue it is horrifically uncreative and ridiculously stupid.
- In 2010 32.5 percent of the $368 billion marketers plan to spend will go towards digital with 30.3 percent spent on print.
- GlaxoSmith Kline wistfully tricks us into cervical cancer awareness.
- Make the Logo Bigger writes, "First P&G gave mom props during the Olympics, now Dove looks like they're seconding the motion during the Oscars. (Or maybe mom only gets the love during events beginning with O? (Came. Out. Wrong.)"
- Like that trick where you pull the table cloth out from under the dishes? Then you'll love this grand scale version from BWW.
- Alright. Alright. Alright. We'll link to your stupid snailpaper video. Now can you please stop sending us three emails a day?
- Chat Roulette gets augmented with advertising.
Absolutely love this Hyundai slingshot commercial which aired during the Oscars. Making us all aware of the number of crazed teenagers who will get their license this year, this Hyundai commercial which aired during the Oscars urges us and them to consider buying a safe car. Because, while you can't bungee jump inside a car, there's a lot of other dangerous things you can do. And you might as well have safety on your side.
Sounding a bit like a double entendre-laden line from a bad porn flick, this BBDO Toronto-created work for Frito Lay's new Multipacks informs us, "It's hard to fit fun into a small space." But, according to the company, it's quite possible. As long as you believe junk food is fun and small is actually a normal serving size.
Don't even watch the second commercial in the series. It's lame. And besides, it doesn't fit into our twisted view of this campaign thereby making it impossible for us to make another really bad joke disguised as an attempt to be witty.
So here's the first iPad commercial. It aired during the Oscars last night. It's standard fare for Apple. Cool song (The Blue Van's There Goes My Love) coupled with features and benefits. And that's really it.
Guys, don't you wish you could clone yourself when your girlfriend babbles on endlessly in your ear about the fact her make up isn't what she wants it to be while you're busy playing a game? Or travel back in time to erase all the stupid things you did? Well, Coke can't help you but they think they've done a pretty good job cloning the taste of original Coke for its Coke Zero line.
Created by Crispin Porter + Bogusky, these three commercials were produced by Hungry Man and directed by Bryan Buckley.
Pain relief ads? Yea, you know the ones. You've the "celebrity" spokesperson holding the box up to the camera and pontificating about the product's amazing qualities. You've got the graph ads that compare one product to another. You've got the throbbing head montages. You've even got Apply Directly to the Forehead.
But you don't usually have Pixar-style animation in the form of a woodpecker inside a woman's head. Nice work from Psyop and Mother London
- Sexy red dress and YouTube on a horse. Short dress and "more coverage" in the same ad an oxymoron?
- There are a lot of "issues" with flying but Virgin Atlantic thinks it has the answer with its Upper Class service.
- Denny's has apologized for its potato famine ad. There's even a facebook outcry over the ad.
- How not to pitch media. ("I'll honor the fucking embargo")
- Are you an agency in Chicago? Then why aren't you taking part in the Chicago portfolio School's Real Life Ad Contest?
- TokyoGlow is a short film created by Citizen Jones and Industry Films for Los Angeles shoe designer The Generic Man.
- Cathay Pacific wants you to meet the team.
- Here's a couple of commercial from Boston-based MMB for Subway. Bollywood and Egypt. Brand New School produced.
- DC's Gymkhana Two won a One Show Entertainment Award in the Online Branded Entertainment category for its viral videos.