If you're going to LeadsCon...wait, what? You haven't heard of LeadsCon? Guess we can't blame you. LeadsCon is a fairly new, fairly niche conference but it's content is pretty straight forward. It's all about leads. You have heard of leads, right? You know, those contacts you need to gather in order to sell product? Ah, now you see why a conference like LeadsCon might be important?
Now that we have that out of the way, we would be remiss if we didin't tell you we're sponsoring an event at the conference. Yes, it's a party and it's called the Lead King Party. Yea, we know. Cheesy name but this is a leads conference so you figure they have to work the word "lead" into the name of the event somehow, right?
Anyway, the event is Tuesday night, February 28 at Mario Barth inside the Mirage in Vegas. If you're going to LeadsCon, check out all the details and RSVP here. If you're not, then pardon this commercial interruption.
The Business Development Institute will host The Social Consumer 2012 on March 22 at The Graduate Center of The City University of New York. This half-day conference will showcase specific case studies that demonstrate how brands engage, influence and service consumers through innovative social programs.
This conference will answer the following questions:
- How are brands using content strategy and content marketing as valuable currency to attract and retain customers and prospects?
- What are specific examples of how brands provide better customer service through social CRM?
- How do you embrace mobile social strategies including location-based programs to increase sales and strengthen your brand?
- How are leading brands engaging customers through social games?
- What are the best examples of how leading e-commerce brands embrace social commerce to increase sales and provide better service?
- How does Facebook's open graph and the explosion of the "like button" impact consumer marketing?
- How do leading organizations use and integrate social data from measurement and monitoring programs to shape and refine their marketing and communications strategy?
- How do leading brands integrate social with their overall marketing, communications, and customer service platforms?
Perhaps acknowledging the high degree of foolery that often accompanies the burgeoning segment of social media, SocialMediaWeek has released a promotional video that takes a look ahead to 2062 when a bunch of elderly hipster reminisce about the early days of social media.
Give it a watch and promise yourself things won't end up this way.
If you are a brand that wants to be a part of what's become the biggest marketing event of the year, SXSW, then we can help you do just that. Last year it became clear SXXW had shifted from a geek-focused event to a marketer-focused event. And that shift will continue again this year as brands realize the event provides the perfect combination of B2B and B2C customer connection and publicity.
Adrants will be at the center of the action during SXSW reporting daily on marketing innovation, brand activity, news announcements, product launches, what's discussed in the sessions and learnings from keynote presentations. Get your brand in front of the marketing community with this content marketing opportunity. Specifics include but are not limited to:
- Intro and outro sponsorship of SXSW-related coverage (website, newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus) leading up to the event.
- Intro and outro sponsorship of each SXSW article (website, newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus) we publish during the event (at least one each day of the event).
- Intro and outro sponsorship of SXSW follow up stories (website, newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus) after the event.
- Content sponsorship of event photography.
- A TBD number of banner impressions before, during and after SXSW if desired.
- Pervasive logo placement in site header for duration of event.
for more details, pricing and to lock in your sponsorship now.
- Michael Glass is out with a Pinterest collection of advertising agency office space. Very cool.
Cultural Strategies is launching "The Social Revolución", the first official SXSWi Latino Awards, Lounge & After Party in 2012. They are actively seeking sponsors and nominees.
- Really, really love the new Volkswagen Golf R? Well, there's an iPad app for that. From AKQA.
- Top Gear is celebrating there approach to 10 million fans on Facebook...by blowing up a caravan when they do.
Today, Affiliate Summit West kicks off at Caeser's Palace in Vegas. Today's focus is the Meet Market, a low key exhibit hall-style set up where affiliates, networks and marketers can learn about what each other has to over and, as well, conduct actual business. Just think of it as yout typical exhibit hall with tables instead of elaborate booths.
Last night, a tweetup at Gilly's inside Treasure Island kicked off the conference. Unbekowst to those of us that planned the event, the place was a full ob country bar and let us tell you...we have never before seen some of the most amazing line and couple country dancing. It gave us all something to look at while we chatted. Oh, that and the mechanical bull. Always good for a few laughs. Check out photos from the event here.
Tonight after the first day of the conference, things will get a bit crazier. Lots of parties. Lots and lots of parties. Here's hoping we're still standing come Wednesday when we all pack up and head home.
If you're still look for a way to make a splash at Affiliate Summit West or simply looking for a good time, make sure you check out the MaxBounty Presents Affiliate Ball, an event January 9 at the Rio's Crown Teater featuring Nelly. Over 2,000 conference attendees are expected to attend.
We are told there are still sponsorship packages available. If you're interested, contact Darren Blatt at email@example.com. He'll take good care of you.
Back for a third straight year, Double Play Media will host its Affiliate Summit Tip-Off Party at the Hardwood Suite, Palms Las Vegas. Held on the opening night of Affiliate Summit West, January 8 at 10PM, the event is sponsored by Infinite Traffic, Optimal Fusion, CPAWay and React2Media. We've attended each year and have had an amazing time. If you're in Vegas for Affiliate Summit, be sure to stop by.
You can RSVP here. And if you do so before December 23 you'll be entered into a drawing to win a VIP sponsorship package.
You can keep tabs on all the Affiliate Summit parties using this Google calendar.
"Mainstream movies are predictable, with the same stories told time and time again. Hardcore film buffs who attend festivals like Whistler want see something new and original. They enjoy the experimental nature of festivals - sometimes they get something good, sometimes terrible, but it's always original and unexpected."
Those are the words of Dare Executive Creative Director Rob Sweetman who is behind a new campaign for the Whistler Film Festival.
An animated spot, created with Tokyoplastic in London, starts like a lovely princess story by Disney, but quickly turns into a scene you'd expect from a movie like Scarface.
Two live action spots were shot with Jeff Low from OPC, and edited by Matthew Griffiths and Rob Doucet at Cycle Media. Each represents a different genre with authentic film techniques, and both take the viewer to unexpected places.
Unexpected, indeed. Very nice work.
You know the whole bell curve thing? That situation where most of what's in question occurs in the middle with minimal pre and post activity? That's a particularly apt analogy for the ad:tech New York party scene this year. There were a couple of parties Tuesday night. There are a couple scheduled for Thursday night. But on Wednesday night, there were...get ready...over 13 parties. That's a lot of free booze to give away.
On Tuesday night, the Unofficial AdTech User Generated Music Party gave anyone brave enough a chance to make a fool of themselves karaoke-style in front of their fellow industry mates. And the XY7Elite Affiliate After Party gave the rest of those a chance to co-mingle and munch on the amazing snacks over at Traffic Bar. It was a slow night with things pretty much wrapped up by midnight.