- Yawn. Yet another celebrity sells her body to PETA.
- See Tom Brady walk around in different pairs of UGG shoes. From M&C Saatchi LA.
- The 10 Most Controversial Ads in Fashion History
- Anne Hathaway is the new face of Tod's
- Chuck McCarthy (@ideasbychuck) finally makes it into advertising...sort of.
- The Webby Awards has launched its call for entry for its 16th annual awards event to be held Spring 2012. The early entry deadline for is October 28, 2011.
- Today, Nielsen released State of the Media: The Social Media Report - Q3 2011 a report on social media's influence on consumer behavior.
Beginning today, advertising icons and slogans will battle it out for inclusion on this year's list of inductees to the Madison Avenue Advertising Walk of Fame during Advertising Week October 3-7.
People are encouraged to vote for their favorite icon and slogan on BuzzFeed at . Voting begins today and closes Friday, September 30th at midnight ET.
Of the Walk of Fame, Advertising Week Executive Director Matt Scheckner said, "The 2011 campaign promises to be hotly contested as nominees canvas the country looking for votes. We are looking forward to a good clean campaign and to welcoming new inductees into the Walk of Fame."
Who will you vote for?
When entering the MoFilm London Pepsi Max Short Film Competition this year, Lawrence Chen and fellow creative Hagan Wong wanted to create "a branded short film that moved through a frozen moment in time, but did not cost half a million dollars and did not use any computer graphics or digital special effects." Below is the result of their work and we kinda like it.
In three new BBDO-created, Untitled Films-produced videos for Royal Bank of Canada's sponsorship of the Toronto Film Festival, Uncle Marv comes to the aid of young filmmakers trying to break their way into the film business. Of course, everyone doesn't have a well-connected Uncle Marv so Royal Bank of Canada wants it known they are staunch supporters of young filmmakers.
- In Ukraine, AdLook ranks agencies by how hot their female employees are.
- The Festival of Media Asia 2011 has extended their entry deadline for until Friday, September 16.
- Blogworld, which takes place November 3-5 in LA, has finalized the list of speakers for its Monetization Track.
- A Calgary mother was inspired by her gay daughter's experience with bullying to launch an anti-homophobia campaign.
- Charlize Theron struts her stuff in a new Dior J'Adore ad campaign.
- Ryanair is once again stirring the pot, this time with an that urges people to "See the Frauleins With the Big Jugs" during Oktoberfest.
On September 21, Business Development Institute will host Mobile Social Communications 2011: Case Studies and Roundtables, a one day conference designed to share mobile success stories from brands that have realized tangible business goals through the use of mobile strategies.
The conference will answer the following questions: How do brands participate in mobile social gaming to achieve marketing objectives? What are the best examples of how leadings brands use mobile social strategies to achieve business goals? How are location based platforms such as Facebook, Foursquare, and Yelp working with brands to connect with consumers? How do marketers and communicators embrace virtual currency in the mobile social space? How do you integrate mobile social strategies into your enterprise's marketing and communications platform? How do you overcome challenges from extending existing social media platforms into the mobile space? Who are the leading agencies and technology players that have experience in helping brands create and execute mobile social strategies?
The Festival of Media, an event that focuses on media creativity and innovation which will host the LatAm Awards highlighting creativity and innovative thinking across Latin America has announced its jury of judges. Held in Miami October 12-14, the awards will be judged by, among others, Visa Latin America Marketing Director Adriana Mendizabal, Mindshare CEO Pablo Lesulauro, Starcom South Cone VP Guillermo Tafet and Pepsi Regional Marketing Manager Shanna Parra.
The full line up of judges can be viewed here. If you are interested in entering, contact Nisha at firstname.lastname@example.org
We really, really like this campaign from three students attending Creative Circus. Nine months ago, they embarked upon a mission called Grad Men to get Mad Men character John Hamm to speak at their graduation as Don Draper. You can view the details of their efforts in the video below. Last week, AMC saw the video and got in touch with the three students behind the project. The two parties are working with John Hamm's handlers to see if the mad man can speak at the graduation.
As part of the project, the students traveled the country to collect pleas from fifty of the countries creative greats. everyone's rooting for Draper to do his part and enlighten Creative Circus students on how wonderful and amazing a career in advertising could be.
Dear AMC and John Hamm; please make this happen.
If you'll be in New York next week for Affiliate Summit be sure to check out all the parties. You can find them listed on a Google Calender here. The two biggest parties will be the Affiliate Ball and Clickbooth's Affiliate Awakening.
The Affiliate Ball will be held Monday night, August 22 at the LQ from 9PM until close. Doug E Fresh will perform and the platforms will be graced with the very hot Affiliate Ball Go-Go Dancers. Over 1,000 guests are expected to attend. You can pick up a pass to the party at the Meet Market on Sunday. Check out the promotional video with Doug E. Fresh below.
Clickbooth's Affiliate Awakening will also be held Monday night. the party will begin at 10PM at Arena. In the past, Clickbooth has always held amazing parties and we have no reason to believe this one won't be an awesome party as well. Check out the promotional video below.
So with two big events on the same night you're going to have to do one of two things; make a choice and commit or Party hop.
- Google has acquired Motorola Mobility for $12,5 billion in cash giving added boost the to the Android platform.
- On Monday morning Buddy Media announced $54 million in Series D funding from a group of leading late-stage investors.
- Alienware is out with a kooky episodic thing. The first installment is called "Once A Gamer Now A Lamer."
- Orbit gum is out with an odd little gem that, among other things, includes bobbing for panties.
- Doug E Fresh pimps his gig at Affiliate Ball.
- Remember Winnebago man? No? Google it. Hilarious shit. His documentary is streaming on Hulu for free the next two weeks.
- Wow! Rick Webb is leaving Barbarian Group. "Inconceivable!" as some Princess Bride loved to say. But best to you my man!