- As only Jane Lynch can, the new iPhone gets hilarious spoof treatment.
- The Word of Mouth Marketing Association is offering a free webinar next Monday, June 14th at 11 am CDT to support its new Digital Social Media and Endorsement Policy template.
- For women, the world cup is an opportunity to see old friends.
- The IAB has announced its panel of judges for its IAB MIXX Awards 2010.Had they provided a link, we would have been happy to share the list with you.http://tinyurl.com/2ukobzr
It's a tough job. Being and ad band rock star. But somebody's got to do it. We've seen plenty an ad band rockstar do their thing during Advertising Week here in the states but we're not the only ones who love to see out co-workers dress ridiculously, get onstage and perform as if they were KISS.
Nope. Canada's in on it too and to promote the upcoming Toronto AdBands competition on Thursday, June 16 beginning at 6:30PM at Revival Bar, the john st. agency and Radke Films director Craig Brownrigg have created this promotional video. In the video, we see the aftermath of an ad band rockstar's night out and the preparation he must go through as he makes his way to work the next day.
All of the proceeds from the event will go to The Tennyson Quance Foundation for Autism.
Watch out Toronto ad community. We might be there with camera in hand.
Known as "a bitter response to the self-congratulating, glad-handing, marblebag-wearing, Dom-swilling, bronzer-slathered soirees that fester up on the beach in Cannes," the other awards show, Wrath of Cannes, is back for its fourth year of ad mayhem.
This year, the event will focus on content or Cannes-tent as they would like it to be known. To enter, you must be a junior level creative (2 years experience or less). There's no call for entry, no paper work and no entry fee. Just bring your Cannes-tent on a thumb drive, or other removable media by 8pm the night of the show. Entries will be judged in real-time, and The Grand Coney will be awarded at the end of the night.
The event takes place Wednesday, June 23 at 7PM EST at Kabin located at 92 2nd Ave between 5th and 6th.
- Need to find the best ferry to the Cape and Islands? Yea. There's an app for that.
- The Art Directors Club will host the ADC Young Guns 5+5 Thursday June 10 at the ADC Gallery. Five winners from ADC Young Guns 7 pick five creatives they admire, all 10 present their work Pecha Kucha-style: 20 slides + 20 seconds each = 400 seconds to tell their story.
- This billboard stinks. The billboard uses an attached fan to disperse charcoal and pepper fragrance from scented oil.
- Even more Amazon book review shilling.
- Bloomberg really wants Lebron James to come to New York.
- Rich media ads come to the iPad. Yawn.
- Deutsch is out with new work for Dr. Pepper featuring Michael Strahan.
- Watercooler Inc. has partnered with Fox Soccer to premiere EPIC GOAL, an all-new Facebook game that debuts today.
- Like driving in reverse? Then check out this video for Dunlop's Street Response tires.
- Youth Pulse has awarded its inaugural GenY Award to digital marketing agency Organic for its U By Kotex campaign.
- Going to Affiliate Summit in August? We are. Check out the agenda which is filling out.
- Tape measure? Check. Penis pump? Check. Banned ad? Check. It's almost a year later but here's the story on a banned drunk driving campaign from Vancouver.
- Go Momma was unveiled as Go Daddy's winning commercial during the Indianapolis 500 broadcast.
This one gets points for perseverance. Gabrielle Tigan sent us her entry for the Cannes Young Lions WaterAid competition. She sent it to us a few days ago, writing, "I promise no usage of toilet humor or long shots of glasses of water."
But then we thought, Hmm. What guy wouldn't want to voyeuristically be in the ladies room with a bunch of hotties?" So we watched.
We yawned again.
For the first time in 6 years, AdWeek won't be publishing its Agency Report Card, the annual wankfest (like that, George?) which awards letter grades based on an agency' performance over the last year. AdWeek editor in Chief Mike Chapman cites the Nielsen's sales of Adweek and sister properties to e5 Global Media Holdings as the reason.
Last night The Art Directors Club awarded its first-ever ADC Black Cube for best-in-show in advertising to TBWA\Hunt\Lascaris Johannesburg, for "The Trillion Dollar Campaign" on behalf of client The Zimbabwean. The presentation was made at the ADC 89th Annual Awards gala at the SVA Theatre at the School of Visual Arts in New York.
This is the first time ADC has awarded an ADC Black Cube which was established for last year's 88th Annual Awards but had no winner. It's also the first time in 12 years the club has recognized a best-in-show. "The Trillion Dollar Campaign" from TBWA\Hunt\Lascaris Johannesburg also won an ADC Gold Cube in advertising for print innovation, campaign, poster/billboard/outdoor.
So here's (gross, too long, lame) another Cannes Young Lions Film Festival Water Aid entry. And here's another (yawn). And another (copy-challenged but interesting ending). And even another (point taken but could you beat the concept to death a little longer?).
We've tried to do this so many times and failed miserably. Actually, we didn't fail. We just got bored. But Memac Ogilvy Dubai and Muddville Dubai didn't get bored and they went all the way with this promotional video for Portfolio Night 8. The pair created a soliloquy or sorts using 30 advertising slogans, Here are the results.