Look, I'm doing this because I know Steve would want me to. WE COVER IT ALL HERE. What do you do to lift a sagging campaign? CLEAVAGE TRANSIT POSTERS AND BUS SHELTERS. Okay, maybe there's no bus shelters, but a new poster for the upcoming general election in Germany features German Chancellor Angela Merkel (right) and Vera Lengsfeld along with the words "We have more to offer." Hmm, I bet. Wonder what possible American politicians could do this. Hillary & Ted Kennedy? I KID.
- Keywords gone wild!
- NBC = Next Big Cutback?
- Digital writers wanted. Earn while you churn!
- Can you see me from space now?
- Twitter delays scheduled downtime, following the Iranian elections, to give Iranian users a platform for protest/discussion/covert tweet-ups/etc.
- Not one to miss a hot show, Anonymous launches iran.whyweprotest.net, a space for what it calls a "tech-savvy uprising."
- Okay, onto less serious things. CK orgy scandal action.
- "Contextual dating sadness."
- Swill from Lovemarks man.
- AgencySpy ponders the tough stuff.
- Harley Davidson gets all musical.
- Personality traits ... of album covers.
- Bring your tweets vintage. (Via.)
- Hope, delivered on the spin cycle.
- Facebook vanity URLs.
- Hulu desktop.
- Porn on Bing.
- Anti-gay-marriage ads hit NYC.
- Boone Oakley has fun trashing agency holding companies on its new website.
- 7 deadly sins of social media.
- The Tourism Bureau of Queensland bestows one Ben Southall with the best job in the world.
- Fingerpainting with Adidas.
- Invoke CEO tries dragging Zipcar into customer service 2.0. It's resisting.
- R/GA gets Agency of the Year at the 13th annual Webby Awards.
- El Pollo Loco vs KFC. Somebody fucking kill us.
- Something about the depths of hell.
- Happy mother's day from MomsRising.org.
- James Cooper is now Interactive Creative Director at Saatchi & Saatchi.
- The magic that is Cleveland -- deux!
- Be better, pledge to succeed.
- The Obama Administration lists all its social media links. And we thought we were whores.
- "4A'S PRESIDENT IS BIG ADSCAM FAN!" o_O
- Apple rejects NIN iPhone app. Three people in the charted universe shit a brick.
- Cell phone sex ed.
- How to pass for J-Lo. On Google.
- Revisiting the sad fate of Dominos' Pasta Dude.
You may just be Canadian and not even know it. Americans must be sneaking into Canada and blending in at such a rate if they needed this spot
. Well, if you're one of the sneakers, you're now legal, no matter where you came from. Check out more info at about dual Canadian Amnesty at their website
. Although I would've thrown in some Rush instead of the C&W music. How long now before we get spots here for immigrants converting into Americans. (Not every Canadian among us is honest about like William Shatner. Hard to tell them apart. The guy pumping your gas? Could be from Ontario.)
Well, you wanted Hope, you got it. I noticed when Steve asked me to fill in this week that the last time I was here was in November during the elections. Hope was in the air! Whoo-hoo! I ran a poll
to test the waters, and the results showed overwhelmingly that Obama was going to win! He did! Whoo-hoo!
It's more than a relevant topic to revisit now though. This industry practically helped get him elected. All anyone on ad and marketing blogs or in agencies could talk about was Obama, or the difference between the two candidates and their "brilliant/not brilliant" use of social media and how Obama was going to be the change we needed. A case study in how to use the internet. Whoo-hoo!
- Volvo embeds Twitter feed into YouTube ad. (Via.)
- The Domino's YouTube brand bust.
- Lindsay Lohan spoofs self -- and eHarmony -- for Funny or Die. Hey, that's almost (but not quite) as funny as...
- Manifesto on how Gaia made users love branded stuff that's not real. (Via.)
- Burger King pisses Mexico off. *condescending sigh.* What else is new.
- White paper in comic book form.
- Meg Whitman for CA gov.
- Two sides of Arnold -- the disgruntled and the loyalists -- come to blows.
- Neo-conservatism's golden child.
- Barbie's birthday Beetle.
- Ugh, dude. Only in Iowa.
- "If they did do it, you'd expect them to be flaunting it. Unless there's no one left in the fucking building to do it!"