- Senior exec Alan Cohen of Interpublic was named US CEO of OMD. Cohen has worked at 20th Century Fox, ABC and NBC.
- Rock stars aren't made. They're mothafuckin' born.
- Here's a Vespa campaign where people's heads are replaced with Vespa S headlights and handlebars. BlotTO gets philosophical about it. And for some reason, we're thinking East London decapitator meets hipster Terminator.
- Think political smear campaigns are bad now? You clearly haven't lived that long. Our favourite: "Millard" is a pussy name. Followed closely by Dykes like Ike. (Look at that smile. How could they not?)
- EPM Comm has published a very expensive brochure to teach marketers about women. Because come on, it's not like you know any real ones.
Here's the latest from HoneyComb's BeeBoy. After getting retrieved from the pool with a skimmer,. the boy sits down to a nice plate of broccoli...sprinkled with HoneyComb's.
AdFreak's David Griner twisted my arm on Twitter and made me write about this. He taunted, "Don't get it. Wrote about a gorgeous woman disrobing and showering, and no follow-up yet from @stevehall." OK, David, here you go. Naked Vietnamese Hottie Showers. Loses Hotness. 'Nuff said.
When a screen shot and a video of a waitress with huge boobs bulging out of her top (yea, yea, yea...you're sick of boobs but as we've always said...we don't make this stuff, we just write about it) arrives in the inbox along with some cryptically teasing copy, interest peaks (not that kind of peak, sicko). So here's what was sent:
"I think I need to talk to you about something."
"Yeah? What's up?"
"You know my new Mercedes? It's haunted."
"You'll have to elaborate on that."
Jun Group is disseminating this video where Steve Nash falls down on the court and gets all kinds of broken. Then he's put back together, bionic-like, by a black Dr. Strangelove with ostentatious taste in shoes.
The moral of the story is, BUY NIKE. Or recycle. Or something.
...And Jagermeister's going for the glory. If in doubt, consider the curly straw action that ends each spot in these anti-Jager commercials. The logic, via Philipp and Keuntje GmbH:
For 6 years now Jagermeister has been positioned as the THE WILD DRINK. So our idea was to show the brand the way it is not, rather than the way it is. To do this, we developed a fictitious product - the exact opposite of Jagermeister: NotJagermeister.
"NotJagermeister." I guess Pixie Love Juice was taken. I only wish I'd been better prepared for the sparkly cock thrust. But that's the thing about zealous penises. They always hit you when you least expect them.
It's funny about York Peppermint Patties. They're delish -- but, as with Andes Mints, I never actually ate one unless it came out of a complimentary candy bowl. Who actually buys them for casual snacking purposes?
Anyway, here's a Fark spoof for York. Something about a dude being bummed over his girlfriend, and life being better in black and white. Mainly there's eating and soft, soft whimpering.
- The new Honda Accord is so lame that RPA had to use an image of its own creative team, gawking at the car, as part of an outdoor wallscape.
- American Express has launched Members Know, an "insider" travel community that, in trademark AmEx style, manages to be both elitist and bland. Also, there are INSIGHTS. And TAG CLOUDS. And the word BETA.
- Interactive firm ROKKAN redid the Gnarls Barkley site to reflect the duo's dynamism and harmony. (You know, like OutKast, but without Andre's mood swings.) The site includes a pretty awesome pop-up video player. In fact, it's pretty awesome all around.
Just how can a guy be expected to concentrate on work when a giant pair of bulbous breasts hanging pendulously from an incredibly hot model suddenly spill forth from a billboard image found on Flickr? Even more disconcerting is expecting a guy to physically walk past this giant pair of bulbous breasts without experiencing at least a tiny bit of "DAMN! I want sex right now!" urgency.
Is this how we sell clothes to women? By making guys horny? Clothing sales...horny guys. That's a total non-sequitor. A hot mess if you will. Yes, leave it to Sisley to temporarily hamper the day's productivity causing all men who come into contact with this billboard to revert to a sex-starved high school boy. Damn!