So you're Cadbury. Among other things you make ice cream. But wait. Maybe people don't know you make ice cream. So what do you do? You give everyone an ice cream cone and ask them to eat it while riding a roller coaster. Yes. Things get messy. Very messy.
Hmm. So in the face of Google launching a free turn by turn navigation service, what's a poor navigation company like TomTom to do? Well, use gimmicks. Yes, gimmicks. But the real question becomes do you want free navigation or do you want to pay a hefty sum but get to hear Darth Vadar tell you when to take your next left?
I am not your father so I can't tell you what to do. You'll have to make your own decision.
Perhaps it's just us. Yes, it's definitely just us. But we thought we'd put it to the test anyways. So we made one of several daily trips to the Adrants ad server to check something out and as we were, we saw the banner to the left. We also saw boobs. And we're like, "What's a pair of boobs doing inside the Adrants ad server?" And then we thought, "Wait, this is Adrants. The salaciously sexist Adrants. There's boobs everywhere. Why not in the ads as well?"
And then we looked closer. And actually read the headline (yea, we're easily distracted by pictures). And realized we were looking at a knee. Yea. A knee. And then we quickly called the psychiatrist to make an appointment to address this apparent obsession we have with boobs.
We all know sex sells, right? Or at least we like to think it does, studies be damned. And we all know some people don't like the use of sexual imagery in ads so they try to censor it. Marketers, ever the ones to twist a meme to their favor, have taken to "censoring" what really doesn't need to be censored just to make the whole thing sexier than it really is.
The latest entry in this game is a campaign from Grey in Mumbai which pitches Anne French skin cream as being so effective, the results have to be pixelated.
Yes. Don't you wish your legs were that hot?
Ladies, does your husband fart in his sleep? Do you fart in your sleep? Does the stench make your head explode? Help is here in the form of The Better Marriage Blanket.
- Blind football. Paddy Power. Cat. Funny.
- McCann Erikson has launched a $100 million campaign for Holiday Inn.
- Who knew a brick had so many uses. And could save you so much money? Brandon Baunach's entry into Ogilvy's YouTube competition.
- With the rise of online banking, many people haven't been inside a bank in a while. To remind people they still exist, efirstbank has brought the lobby to the people. TDA Advertising & Design did the work.
- Watch this. You'll never want to eat a hamburger or cheeseburger again. Well, at least every day like some kids do in school.
Unicorns. They're mystical. They're in dreams. They're in movies. They form the basis for an entire product line of toys or girls. And they're probably in porn videos too but we can't really confirm that. So it's not surprising a unicorn can now be found on a Juicy Fruit-sponsored website lip-syncing Boyz II Men, Michael Bolton and Culture Club. No, seriously. Would we lie?
The work was created by EVB with the Jim Henson Creature Shop giving birth to the serenading unicorn.
- Someone says this video of a drunk dude attempting to get his flip flops on is a branded viral video. We think it's just a video of a drunk dude attempting get his flip flops on.
- Out of the top ten "best internship" companies, two are agencies: Mullen and Crispin Porter + Bogusky. See the list at InternshipKing.
- CandyStand is out with a new game for Trident Gum. It's all about gm stacking.
- Oink Ink has announced Call or Entries for its 13th Annual Dead Radio Contest which honors the best radio ads which were never produced. Get details here.
- "You have to see these awesome football skills. They will blow you away." Hey, we're just passing along the seeder's message.
- Who knew buying a lottery ticket could be so much fun? In Washington, it seems, a lot.
- Here's a really, really lame spoof of the Old Spice I'm on a Horse commercial.
There's one at every party. Some slacker/hipster dude who uses his "musical skills" to cock-block his way into the pants of the party's sweetheart...much to the chagrin of the guy who really should get the girl. The clean shaven one. The one without unkempt hair and goofy glasses. The one without the cheesy pick up moves. The one who has actual musical taste. Or at least the kind of musical taste French music magazine Trax touts.
Witness the pain our cock-blocked one must endure as his girl is wooed by this hipsteresque horror and his brand of emo lust.
He's 79 and she was born in 79. Hey, what's wrong with that? A man can date a younger woman can't he? It's a free country. Why should there be limits on that sort of thing. Besides, what man wouldn't want to be with a younger woman if he could?
Wait, what were we talking about? Certainly not the Neanderthal nature of man and their inability to appreciate anything but a barely legal, bootylicious piece of ass in a thong bikini with nothing smaller than a set of 34DDDs.