We all know sex sells, right? Or at least we like to think it does, studies be damned. And we all know some people don't like the use of sexual imagery in ads so they try to censor it. Marketers, ever the ones to twist a meme to their favor, have taken to "censoring" what really doesn't need to be censored just to make the whole thing sexier than it really is.
The latest entry in this game is a campaign from Grey in Mumbai which pitches Anne French skin cream as being so effective, the results have to be pixelated.
Yes. Don't you wish your legs were that hot?
Ladies, does your husband fart in his sleep? Do you fart in your sleep? Does the stench make your head explode? Help is here in the form of The Better Marriage Blanket.
- Blind football. Paddy Power. Cat. Funny.
- McCann Erikson has launched a $100 million campaign for Holiday Inn.
- Who knew a brick had so many uses. And could save you so much money? Brandon Baunach's entry into Ogilvy's YouTube competition.
- With the rise of online banking, many people haven't been inside a bank in a while. To remind people they still exist, efirstbank has brought the lobby to the people. TDA Advertising & Design did the work.
- Watch this. You'll never want to eat a hamburger or cheeseburger again. Well, at least every day like some kids do in school.
Unicorns. They're mystical. They're in dreams. They're in movies. They form the basis for an entire product line of toys or girls. And they're probably in porn videos too but we can't really confirm that. So it's not surprising a unicorn can now be found on a Juicy Fruit-sponsored website lip-syncing Boyz II Men, Michael Bolton and Culture Club. No, seriously. Would we lie?
The work was created by EVB with the Jim Henson Creature Shop giving birth to the serenading unicorn.
- Someone says this video of a drunk dude attempting to get his flip flops on is a branded viral video. We think it's just a video of a drunk dude attempting get his flip flops on.
- Out of the top ten "best internship" companies, two are agencies: Mullen and Crispin Porter + Bogusky. See the list at InternshipKing.
- CandyStand is out with a new game for Trident Gum. It's all about gm stacking.
- Oink Ink has announced Call or Entries for its 13th Annual Dead Radio Contest which honors the best radio ads which were never produced. Get details here.
- "You have to see these awesome football skills. They will blow you away." Hey, we're just passing along the seeder's message.
- Who knew buying a lottery ticket could be so much fun? In Washington, it seems, a lot.
- Here's a really, really lame spoof of the Old Spice I'm on a Horse commercial.
There's one at every party. Some slacker/hipster dude who uses his "musical skills" to cock-block his way into the pants of the party's sweetheart...much to the chagrin of the guy who really should get the girl. The clean shaven one. The one without unkempt hair and goofy glasses. The one without the cheesy pick up moves. The one who has actual musical taste. Or at least the kind of musical taste French music magazine Trax touts.
Witness the pain our cock-blocked one must endure as his girl is wooed by this hipsteresque horror and his brand of emo lust.
He's 79 and she was born in 79. Hey, what's wrong with that? A man can date a younger woman can't he? It's a free country. Why should there be limits on that sort of thing. Besides, what man wouldn't want to be with a younger woman if he could?
Wait, what were we talking about? Certainly not the Neanderthal nature of man and their inability to appreciate anything but a barely legal, bootylicious piece of ass in a thong bikini with nothing smaller than a set of 34DDDs.
We don't know what's stranger in this new commercial from BBDO Toronto for Parmalat Canada. The fact the kids tear apart a cheese monster as if it were a visitor getting skinned on V or the fact the whole thing is a cheesy (oops) version of a Godzilla flick. Either way it's a weird spot. But maybe that's the point. It definitely catches attention.
Couldn't get enough of Crispin Porter + Bogusky's creepy I Like Square Butts? Worry not. You can get it all over again courtesy of Butterfingers and its Butterfinger Defense League. Yup. It's yet another "reimagination" of the classic Sir Mix-A-Lot big butt anthem.
This time, we get Erik Estrada, Lou Ferrigno and Charisma Carpenter doinf what they do best; playing the typecast roles we've all become familiar with. Estrada does his Chips thing. Ferrigno does his hulk thing and Carpenter does her sexy cheerleader thing.
Do over or not. It's kinda funny. And besides, the three of them need the work. And it's way easier to copy another brand's work than it is to create something new. All good all around.
We're not sure how much PETA cares about cows or if the bovines have their own cause group to attend to their cud chewing ways but we're sure someone out there will find this Heimat (Germany)-created, Stink-produced commercial for Hornbach Home Improvement Superstores.
Of course, any cow that decides to eat nails has got what's coming to it.