- "The hottest ads on the planet!" Ivan of CreativeBits contemplates the Eternal Mystery: whether sex in advertising sells.
- Candystand leaps aboard Facebook Connect.
- After hurting Toronto's feelings, DraftFCB Coors billboards get pulled.
- TimeOut NY wantsta hook up. Dolla make ya holla? Yeah, baby, yeah.
- More premium Twitter account talk. Some features already in pilot-mode.
- 4Chan attacks the Facebook Christians.
- tweetzi -- another Twitter search site. Results toggling features are pretty saucy though if your eyes ever manage to adjust to thick-ass Courier.
- Prior to the premier, Mad Men season 3 leaks on iTunes just long enough for a bunch of madcap bloggers to publish stuff like this.
- Social media cool-kid Jeremiah Owyang leaves Forrester, calls his time there "a grand adventure!"
- Defending the PR merits of the Flip camera. (Via.)
- Back to '69 with the Gap, on all your social media platforms (even iPhone!), courtesy of AKQA.
- ...and after Juno, Diablo Cody gives us an exorcist man-eating queen bee. With requisite dorky hot friend.
- Grey: wedding football and the Phantom. (Via.)
We were thinking the other day about all the technological advances that happened with dolls when were kids: the kind with the hair you could cut that grows back, or the one whose hair changed colour when you ran a cold hairbrush through it, or -- our personal favourite -- the one that pissed into a changeable cloth diaper! after suckling real fluid from a bottle.
So maybe Spanish doll maker Berjuan is adding a logical cobblestone to what's already a long illustrious tradition. Still, this demonstration for Bebe Gloton, a doll little girls can pretend to breastfeed, left us suffering from WTF Face.
This is hilarious. American Copywriter has put together, in chronological order, a series of online ads for the free online video game, Evony. The early ads can certainly be seen as relating to the medieval nature of the game. But as the ads progress, one wonders wheter or not Evony has turned into a dating site or a retailer like Victoria's Secret or Frederick's of Hollywood pimping cleavage-enhancing bras.
Odd. Just odd.
Some women (oops. excuse us, PC police, some people) will take any chance they can get to score a discount on the latest in fashion. Even if it means forgoing the safety of a loved one. But we're not quite sure anyone would really know what to do with a ransom message that arrived on a VHS tape. That's sort of like asking a 15 year old to send a text from a pay phone.
OK so first there were the Cutwater-created videos for Ray-Ban which had a guy impossibly catching sunglasses on his face. Now we have a video of a guy catching a laptop in his...wait for it...butt. Yes, over and over again laptops are tossed into this guys butt and he catches them. Already almost a million views.
We know we're (actually it's just me) spelling challenged here at Adrants but our typos are usually pretty boring. While this typo (intentional or not) sent to us by a reader is certainly not the first time it's been made, it's hard to pass up a little bathroom humor every once in a while.
Having exhausted all contacts, (okay, I asked one person I knew), I'm going under the assumption that what I got sent to me is actually a viral campaign for Target, because, well, THERE'S BIG RED LOGOS EVERYWHERE. I appreciate a good one-line gmail stealth campaign as much as the next person, but if this is actually for the retailer, an otherwise clever idea and simple execution of the awkward price proposition was absolutely wasted.
To go through the trouble of avoiding brand mentions but then give the idea away right as you enter the site seems like a waste. If this isn't for them? It's okay. I'm an ad blogger. Facts don't matter with us when compared to real journalists. Either way, it's still a whacked site and props to the creators.
Apparently London hates vanilla. (That's as far as I go with the references--for now.) The UK based Icecreamists have come out with the next step in custom ice cream evolution. Billed as natural Viagra, the ingredients are supposed to stimulate almost nealry closely as good as the little blue guy. The ice cream weapon of choice summons punk rock royalty too: The Sex Pistol. Other naming greatness from the group includes God Save The Cream.
My work here is done.
- Keywords gone wild!
- NBC = Next Big Cutback?
- Digital writers wanted. Earn while you churn!
- Can you see me from space now?