- Google has acquired Motorola Mobility for $12,5 billion in cash giving added boost the to the Android platform.
- On Monday morning Buddy Media announced $54 million in Series D funding from a group of leading late-stage investors.
- Alienware is out with a kooky episodic thing. The first installment is called "Once A Gamer Now A Lamer."
- Orbit gum is out with an odd little gem that, among other things, includes bobbing for panties.
- Doug E Fresh pimps his gig at Affiliate Ball.
- Remember Winnebago man? No? Google it. Hilarious shit. His documentary is streaming on Hulu for free the next two weeks.
- Wow! Rick Webb is leaving Barbarian Group. "Inconceivable!" as some Princess Bride loved to say. But best to you my man!
On the one hand, this Sprite Zero video in which a skater goes airborne to do a few stunts is impressive. On the other hand, it's terrible because it looks totally fake. Upon take off, the skater tells the viewer that pushing keys four through nine will choose the stunts he performs while in the air. But all those keys really do is act as markers making the video jump to the segment where a particular stunt is performed. There's really nothing interactive at all.
- Dildos and sausages. Only in advertising.
- L.L. Bean has hired Weber Shandwick to create a campaign for its upcoming 100th anniversary celebration.
- Here's Andy, Arby's new commercial boy.
- Sam Pepper thinks he has the answer to the challenge of ending riots in the UK.
- What to look for in an app according to L'Oreal's Men Expert.
- AOL is out with an iPad magazine.
For some reason this Air New Zealand Skycouch with Rico installment with Lindsay Lohan isn't as grating as the previous one with David Hasselhoff. Maybe it's Rico's pondering of Lindsay's friendship with "the bosoms of Miss Kim Kardashian" or Lohan's member ship in the "photography club" with the "papsmearazzi."or the jab at the end poking fun at her love for jewelry.
Or maybe is just that Lindsay is a whole lot better (and hotter) looking than David.
Of course it was a forgone conclusion but now it's official. The internet has spoken. Isiah Mustafa has bested Fabio in the Old Spice Guy Challenge. In a final video, Old Spice Guy retires New Spice Guy by sending him to Saturn with a balloon. Yea, the rest of the video is pretty weird too.
We are pleased Fabio has been laid to rest, Apart from a week or two of entertainment, it's been grating to see the once loved romance icon turned into a has been buffoon.
Pepsi Max UK is out with a new 20:20-created "viral" staring Nuts cover girl Rosie Jones and three very Rosie Jones-obsessed (horny?) guys who enjoy ogling Jones as she preps for....a monster truck jump over the very Rosie Jones-obsessed guys who, definitely...want a ride.
Team GB 2012 contenders Rebecca Adlington, track and field athlete Richard Whitehead, BMX rider Shanaze Reade, kayak sprinter Tim Brabants and ParalympicsGB wheelchair rugby player Mandip Sehmi have created a trailer to launch Minute To Win It, a new game from Cadbury Spots v Stripes.
The trailer provides a look at a series of strange, minute-long games which challenge people to play more in the run up to the London 2012 Olympics.
The eight-part series, in association with Cadbury Spots v Stripes, sees two popular TV hosts captain groups of friends as they compete head-to-head in wacky 60-second challenges using everyday household objects.
Check out the trailer.
To promote the launch of Avatar Kinect and Kinect Sparkler this week, Microsoft has partnered with six comedians who will use Avatar Connect to create 90 second videos. Each of the videos will be posted on the brand's Facebook page where visitors will be invited to vote for their favorite comedian and be entered into a drawing for a chance to win an Xbox and Kinect bundle.
- Drew Barrymore will front a new campaign for Nieman Marcus.
- David Hasselhoff is making jokes with the Air New Zealand puppet.
- Campbell Mithun wants you to know they've employed the apparently never before used "flicker" effect in a new commercial for Famous Footwear.
- Vogue will top the fashion category this September with 584 ad pages.
Ever heard of Desiree Elyda Villalobos? We know. It's a mouthful. And she is. She's best known for...well, not much at all...except for the fact she possesses the sort of look and shape that could catapult her to fame if for no other reason than for her look and shape. After all, what the hell makes the Kardashians so popular?
Anyway, Villalobos can currently be seen in a promotional video for Primitive Apparel. In the video, she wanders peacefully through a park and has a picnic of fruit and, yes, watermelon, as her "shape" threatens to unleash itself from the confines of her clothing.
This is what passes for fashion promotion.