Enjoy playing the piano but you are too much of a geek to step away from your computer long enough to play? Grey G2 in the Ukraine has created something especially for you; the Glass Piano. For client Koktebel Brandy, the agency created an interactive video with brandy-filled glasses you can "play" using your keyboard. Not bad.
Check it out below and an explanatory video here.
Now Corporation, working with VMG Creative has released a series of short films for Capital One promoting the brand's Mascot Challenge which urges people to vote for their favorite mascot. In the videos, we see the Iowa State's Cy, TCU's Superfrog, LSU's tiger and Oregon State's Beaver.
The videos direct people to a Capital One site on which they can view more videos and vote for their favorite mascot. Each week there will be a challenge culminating in a winner be chosen in sixteen weeks.
Want a run down on dancing styles for the last 100 years? Look no further than this promotional video for the opening of Westfield Stratford City, a new mall in East London. Shot over four days with hundreds of costume changes, the work, from The Viral Factory, was directed by Jake Lunt and is supported by music arranged by Oscar nominated Tristin Norwell.
Give it a look. We're sure you'll spot your favorite dance move in there somewhere.
Well here's an interesting way to promote a dating event. Singapore blogger Peggy Heng, a model and celebrity blogger of sorts in the city, created a four minute video about the trials and tribulations of dating. The video progresses to a scene in which Heng in about to give a face painted man a blow job but just before she begins, she stops, turns to the camera and says, "But that is not the way to solve relationship problems."
If you were in you local grocery store minding your own business, walking the aisles for your grocery needs and suddenly you saw a man on a bobsled racing through the store, your first reaction might be to call the loony bin and have the man put away. Your second thought - because you are a hip, astute person who has been jaded with marketing buffoonery over the years - would be to say, "Oh, right. That's Sir Edwin Horsham, the Claussen pickle guy who captures unsuspecting shoppers and takes them on journeys to...the Claussen pickle section."
The campaign, created by The Escape Pod for Kraft has been out since June. There are three episodes to far. The first one has garnered over one million views. You can view all three below. An if you've ever compared Claussen pickles to Vlassis, you know Claussen wins, hands, down, every time.
So we tip our hat to Sir Edwin Horsham and laud his superiority over that soggy stork.
- Google has acquired Motorola Mobility for $12,5 billion in cash giving added boost the to the Android platform.
- On Monday morning Buddy Media announced $54 million in Series D funding from a group of leading late-stage investors.
- Alienware is out with a kooky episodic thing. The first installment is called "Once A Gamer Now A Lamer."
- Orbit gum is out with an odd little gem that, among other things, includes bobbing for panties.
- Doug E Fresh pimps his gig at Affiliate Ball.
- Remember Winnebago man? No? Google it. Hilarious shit. His documentary is streaming on Hulu for free the next two weeks.
- Wow! Rick Webb is leaving Barbarian Group. "Inconceivable!" as some Princess Bride loved to say. But best to you my man!
On the one hand, this Sprite Zero video in which a skater goes airborne to do a few stunts is impressive. On the other hand, it's terrible because it looks totally fake. Upon take off, the skater tells the viewer that pushing keys four through nine will choose the stunts he performs while in the air. But all those keys really do is act as markers making the video jump to the segment where a particular stunt is performed. There's really nothing interactive at all.
- Dildos and sausages. Only in advertising.
- L.L. Bean has hired Weber Shandwick to create a campaign for its upcoming 100th anniversary celebration.
- Here's Andy, Arby's new commercial boy.
- Sam Pepper thinks he has the answer to the challenge of ending riots in the UK.
- What to look for in an app according to L'Oreal's Men Expert.
- AOL is out with an iPad magazine.
For some reason this Air New Zealand Skycouch with Rico installment with Lindsay Lohan isn't as grating as the previous one with David Hasselhoff. Maybe it's Rico's pondering of Lindsay's friendship with "the bosoms of Miss Kim Kardashian" or Lohan's member ship in the "photography club" with the "papsmearazzi."or the jab at the end poking fun at her love for jewelry.
Or maybe is just that Lindsay is a whole lot better (and hotter) looking than David.
Of course it was a forgone conclusion but now it's official. The internet has spoken. Isiah Mustafa has bested Fabio in the Old Spice Guy Challenge. In a final video, Old Spice Guy retires New Spice Guy by sending him to Saturn with a balloon. Yea, the rest of the video is pretty weird too.
We are pleased Fabio has been laid to rest, Apart from a week or two of entertainment, it's been grating to see the once loved romance icon turned into a has been buffoon.