- Hoffman/Lewis is out with a kidnapping spoof to get Chicagoans to go to St. Louis.
- SapientNitro would like us all to see their new reel.
- Here's a few webisodes Window Seat Pictures created for Converse. Yea, there's a pool and a skateboarder.
- A couple of creatives got bored working in an office with no windows. So they made their own. A lot of them.
- The San Francisco Egoist is holding a contest to determine the best ad city in America. Make sure you are represented.
- To kick off to its 90th anniversary celebration, the ADC has announce an open call to its 600 past ADC cube winners to submit their reinterpretation of the iconic ADC Cube for possible use on the ADC 90th Annual Awards call-for-entries.
- From a crisis management perspective, Davia Temin addresses the question, "What was HP's Mark Hurd thinking?"
- Perry Ellis has launched Project Beach to aid oil spill recovery.
- Director Scott Otto Anderson gives us a behind the scenes look at the production of his newest spot with Photoplay productions for NRMA Insurance.
Fiat has teamed with Faithless to create a video to promote its Punto Evo vehicle. Yea, a music video promoting a car. Never heard of that before. But it's actually not bad. We like. And we're told there will be future collaborations between the artist and the car maker.
Oddly, the song makes us think of King Missile's Detachable Penis. no idea why. It just does.
- Nudity is great but it won't save magazines. We tell FOX News why.
- Esurance will be the official sponsor of the 2010 U.S. Open.
- Alex Bogusky tells all in lengthy Fast Company interview.
- It's not as hot as her work for Pepsi but this is Beyonce Knowles. There isn't much to complain about.
- Want to know how Karl Lagerfeld creates a Fendi campaign? Check it out here.
- Stallone beats the shit out of YouTube.
- This bike has a brain. And it's precious. And it's out to fight cancer. And it's a LIVESTRONG effort.
Acai maker, Sambazon, is out with a video compilation touting the life boosting qualities of the stuff.The campaign, called "Warrior Up," highlights individuals who "strive every day to make the world a better place while inspiring others to do the same." The video, directed by Mutt, highlights the the positive social, environmental and economic changes of the "Sambazon Warriors" who include surfers Rob Machado and Kassia Meador, pro-skateboarder Bob Burnquist, pro-mountain biker Hans Rey and others who sport headdresses illustrated by Mutt to reflect each Warrior's passion.
Carlos Mandelbaum, purveyor of Carlos Mandelbaum's Carnival of Ideas, a witty take on all things everything, recently took on internet "guru" David Childerley and Money Mastery technique of tapping yourself to make yourself rich.
It seems Childerley didn't like Mandelbaum's take on his money making scheme and pulled a copyright complaint to YouTube which took the video down. But no worries, you can view it over at Mandelbaum's blog.
If you think social media gurus are strange. Check this guy out.
Convenience just got a new friend. Oh yes, my friends. Backyard parties and all the work it takes to prepare them are now simplified with Malibu Rum's Porta Party Pro, a backpack designed to make drinks. And that's not all!
There's also the Shaker Shaper, an electrified cocktail shaker that resembles a kind of shock treatment. And then there's Mike Morgan on the Hey Sunrise show demonstrating all the Malibu Rum party goodies.
Great Works is the agency behind the work.
- Medicare spokesman Andy Griffith appears in a new commercial touting the health care reform law and outlining some of its benefits.
- Liv Tyler will appear in an upcoming Fall/Winter campaign for G Star Raw jeans.
- Sunday night, Sarah McLachlan performed at JetBlue's JFk terminal, part of the brand's Live from T5 concert series.
- It's invite only but ClickBooth wil be hosting a party at pulse360 August 16 at 9PM during Affiliate Summit
- Volvo experiment concludes Paris is the Naughty Capital of the World.
Having worked with high tech clients back in the dot com days, we're acutely aware of their unending need to give everything an acronym. So we weren't surprised when Cisco's Doug Webster introduced us to Cisco SPice, or as he explains, Cisco Service Provider Interacrive Communications E-thingy.
What is Cisco SPice? Its a direct copy of Old Spice's response video campaign which garnered 40 million views. How many views did Cisco's one day effort get? 2,750 views from 18 different videos in the first 24 hours. Can you say fail?
Megan O'Neill can and she does so at great length in a post on SocialTImes. Read and learn, people. Read and learn.
- Here's some more Calvin Klein Envy ads featuring Zoe Saldana. And if these additional images aren't enough for you, there's video coming in mid-August with Saldana talking about CK's envy-inducing underwear.
- The Girl Scouts are out with a new PSA featuring plus size models.These girls are plus size?
- Launched earlier in July, LG's The Young and the Connected online soap opera is worth a look.
- "Opulence. I has it." Right up there with Verizon Dumb Dads and blacks who love chicken comes this new commercial from Grey New York and Biscuit Filmworks' director Tim Godsall for DirecTV that portrays a Russian doofus as if he were an Italian goomba. Oh wait, is that too many layers of stereotyping?
- Guys, why do all the work looking for a date when you can just sit back and let the women come to you?
- If you own a company, you can direct your own commercials. And that's just what Justin Timberlake did for his 901 Silver Tequila. The ad is dumb.
- Naomi Watts will front Ann Taylor's Autumn 2010 advertising campaign.
- Steffan Postaer, author of The Happy Soul Industry, is out with a new book. It's called Sweet by Design. He calls it a novel/social media experiment.