Holy Hot Humanity! Hot college students across the nation will, once again, strip off their clothing and donate it to charity in a ten school competition that promises to, well...be much less hot than it's portrayed in this promotional video.
No, women won't be running around campuses with thongs on. No, women won't be tearing off their shirts to display their bras. No, guys won't be running around in their boxers. No, a girl with "Kelly" written across her underwear won't be riding around on a chariot.
More likely, what we will see are fully dressed college students with kitchen trash bags full of extra clothing walking slowly across campus to place them in Axe drop boxes.
Yea, we know. Ads are always more exciting than the reality they depict.
Apparently, there's a lot of violence against public service Employees in the Netherlands. So much so, they needed an ad campaign to call attention to it and to illustrate the inactivity of onlookers in violent situations.
Created by Amsterdam-based N=5, an interactive billboard was created that showed a green screen film scene of violence which was then coupled with live shots of the people looking at the billboard. The net results out passersby in the middle of a violent situation. Once the scene played out on the billboard, four tips where then provided to educate onlookers how to assist public service employees if they witness a violent situation.
Here's a video showing how it was created and how it was received.
More GoDaddy (one, two). Not much to say. Bimbo. Bikini. Breasts. Objectification. Wandering camera.
Oh wait. Those aren't GoDaddy commercials. OK, well, they sort of are. They're submitted videos that are part of the brand's video contest.
No need to watch them all though. We've watched a few and collected the best screen shots for your enjoyment here, here (hot), here (hotter), here (bootylicious), here (delicious), here (tantalizing), here (for the pleated plaid skirt lover) and here (for the boob lover).
- The Art Directors Club has launched YouTube Show & Tell, a "showcase for the best ad/marketing content on YouTube." The ADC will pick the content and a rotating panel of reviewers made up of top creatives and designers will lend commentary.
- Each agency participating in Portfolio Night 8 has created a video to hype the event in their city. Here are the first three from Ogilvy & Mather London, David & Goliath LA and Perfect Fools in Stockholm.
- If 500 people tweet "@SupercoolAgency #LoseTheCig" the agency will change their logo. On everything. Letterhead, web site, business card, etc. why wouldn't they just do it anyway?
- Here's the third and final Tony Stark Better Living Through Technology videos for the Tony Stark Expo, a promotion for Iron man 2.
As always, Belgian men's magazine Che promises men the prefect world, unencumbered by the silliness of rules, obligations and unfulfilled fantasies. In this Duval Guillaume-created promotion for the magazine's tenth anniversary, a man gets to experience the fantasy every man has had at least once whether or not they will admit to it.
And let's not forget the other thing men like too.
OK so this is gross. Riffing off Hitchcock's statement regarding the proper length of a film when he said, "The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder," Barcelono-based Atletico International has held a bladder hostage in a promotional video for the MECAL Short Film Festival. They're touting it as "the world's first bladder friendly festival." Funny. Gross. Weird. All in one.
Remember those fake virals from Nike in which Kobe Bryant jumped over a car and took a jump shot over a pool of snakes? Or all those fake Levi's videos?
This new work from Young & Rubicam France for Speed Stick Waterproof is just the same. Except more lame.
- For those who love to spot nipple slips in YouTube videos, here's one for you from Forrest & Bob Underwear.
- As part of The One Club's Second Annual Creative Week, Southfield, Mich.-based ad agency Doner will present a retrospective celebrating 70 years of work at The One Club Gallery.
- Something about saving the future of advertising. We're not really sure.
- Hoping to alleviate the stress of tax day, Cinnabon is giving away free bite-sized cupcakes on April 15.
- Wish you could embed your ad in an email? You can. Just create a huge animated gif.
Covent Garden London, 50 undercover actors, 7 hidden cameras, 3 bananas. 1 song, 1 club, 1 cause. Yea, That's about all you need to know about this orchestral flashmob PSA for England's Help for Heroes. Oh wait. It's just a promotion for some rugby team. Oh well.
So...let's have a pillow fight. Yea, that's it. And why not? After all, pillow fights are fun. Especially when there's a lot of feather-filled pillows. And the pillows break open. And you film the thing. In slow motion. With zoom shots. And an oh-so-uber-cool throbbing soundtrack. And you stage the thing between two hot girls. In lingerie. In a bedroom. On a bed. With a third girl. Who has an ejaculating squirt gun. With pump action. That shoots water over a girl's chest. Which is gratuitously zoomed in upon. In...slow motion.
And when that isn't enough, you add a fourth girl. With two pies. Filled with cream. That end up all over the four girls. Along with the feathers. Which makes the girls look like they just appeared in a bukkake flick.
And the you ruin the whole thing by actually showing the advertised product.