Killer Legs Girls
Move over Isaiah Mustafa. Step aside Terry Crews. There's two new hunks...uh...hotties in town to pimp Old Spice. Anastasia Ashley, whom we've loved since she first appeared alongside her surfboard in an Airwalk campaign and Gretchen Bleiler, whom we dubbed "marketing's next It Girl" back in 2006.
Ashley and Bleiler have teamed to choose two interns for Old Spice Adventure, a campaign which will tout the brand's new Fresh Collection line of deodorant. The scents were inspired by the smells found in four locations around the world; Fiji, Matterhorn, Cyprus and Denali. Two of these locations, Fiji and Matterhorn, will be destinations for the two lucky interns chosen by Ashley and Bleiler.
- Speeding tickets suck. Here's a fun way to re-imagine the whole thing into a game that can make you money.
- Macy's recruits Martha Stewart to give fashion tips to a bunch of slobs.
- Bojangle's Restaurant has selected Boone Oakley as its new agency of record.
- Sony tours the world in 80 seconds.
Here's the follow on to that butterfly attack videos. Qualcomm holds a press conference to explain the attacks and what they have to do with the company's interferemetric modulation technology..whatever that is. Anyway, give it a watch. Live the secondary news scroll at the bottom of the screen.
Chatroulette, a random video chat service that's similar to speed dating, now has the Travelocity Gnome jumping aboard the chat-fest. It's not the first brand to try the service. French Connection did that early last month.
Travelocity agency McKinney mans the gnome who holds up signs with various messages including "This would be more fun if we were in Rio." Hmm. How long before some enterprising hacker invents an "auto-next" feature so everyone can avoid chatting with a brand while they are busy having cybersex (remember that term?)?
Regarding some people's natural inclination to work sex into every media form, Travelocity's Joel Frey told AdWeek, "If we run across that type of person we're not going to engage we him. We'll leave it at that. It's something that's a concern with a new and different form like this. As long as we're being disciplined, we can overcome that and keep it to conversations with people who should be thinking about trips."
So here we have a yet another new "social media" service and within months, brands are all over it. Is this a good thing? Is there a place for brands on Chatroulette? Do people really want to chat with a brand? Thoughts?
Doesn't everyone randomly get up in the middle of a cafe an break into dance? If you're in a Diesel commercial you do. All hipsteresque and all, this commercial highlights both the supposedly hipsterrific qualities of Diesel as well as its fashions. All we really care about is the curvaceous girl in the yellow bikini/shorts with the killer ass and legs.
Following its amazing, IAB MIXX Award winning Love at First site long form ad, Lacta, along with help from consumers, has crowdsourced another gem, Love in Action. Yes, we are a sucker for these things. Thank you OgilvyOne. Will we see you onstage at this year's IAB MIXX Awards?
All the news that is.
- Seriously" Can we please stop with the consumer-generated Doritos idiocy?
- The Art Director's Club has announced its National Student Portfolio Review which will take place May 3-5 at the ADC Gallery in New York. The ADC needs reviewers. If you're interested, contact Flora Moir, ADC education coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, 212-643-1440, x16.
- Don't Text and drive. It's the new don't drink and drive campaign.
- A reader writes, "I don't believe I can possible explain how awesomely awful he truly is. See for yourself" One. Two. Three. We're way too tired and bored to bother figuring out this viral.
- For making the compassionate decision never to use great apes in ads and for substituting animatronic technology and stock footage for captive animals in recent TV commercials, BBDO New York has won PETA's Humane Ad Agency Award.
- Oh so this is how Leo Burnett (Lisbon) does such great work.
- Burger King has a deal with Dig where empty search results return an ad for the Double Cheeseburger.
- Melinda Mettler has been named to the post of Director of Online Student Relations at the Academy of Art University, and replacing her are two veteran educators from the Art Center College of Design--Roland Young, a graphic designer who has taught both design and advertising courses at Art Center, and Ellen Shakespeare, an agency copywriter, who taught in Art Center's advertising program. The pair will co-direct the AAU's School of Advertising.
- Dear Carlos Mandelbaum, please....for the love of the smile...PLEASE invest in a teeth whitening product! Your teeth are more horrific to look at than all those clips of tragedy.
- Some people will do anything for their favorite sports figure. "Before LeBron becomes a free agent in just under 100 days, I will endure 23 painful/ridiculous/potentially embarrassing things to show LeBron how much he means to Cavs fans and the city of Cleveland."
- Dana Severson has hooked up with the Iwearyourshirt.com guy jason Sadler for a new venture, IDesignYourLogo. The business model is simple. One logo a day, for one company a day.
- These things are never as good as their origins. Tay Zonday does Musicolio.com.
- This ad is really, really long.
OK. OK. Everyone else is writing about it. We will too. The Last Agency on Earth. OK. No doubt you've seen it already. It's pretty funny and very insightful. The basic message" Adapt of die. Not a new message. One that's been delivered over and over and over again throughout time. The problem? No one listens to the message. No one looks back in time, analyzes others' mistakes and makes definitive course corrections to insure the same mistakes don't happen...well...over and over and over again. Take heed.
The Viral Factory is seeding a video and flash website that aim to call attention to World Wide Fund's Earth Hour this Saturday when, for one hour, people are asked to turn their lights off to save energy.
There are two versions of the video. Both are animated and take you through a guy's daily activities. The website, using you computer's camera senses whether or not it's light out and changes what you see.
- Warren Buffet does Axl Rose in Geico annual meeting video.
- Chocolate pudding brand unleashes it's inner David Lynch.
- It's O'Dell vs. Hall on SXSW Suckage.
- YouTube and Viacom: like two nursery school kids fighting in the sandbox.
- More Vulva hotness.
- Purina Bark in the Park work angers Copyranter. And not because the work's not good.
- Near naked hot dudes cursing in their underwear. No, seriously. It's a new Calvin Klein campaign.
- Let's do the SXSW High Five!