Adrants On-the-Fly Post-Super Bowl Reflections
- The Pats have spoiled what may have been a historic football streak. Can you say performance anxiety? Somebody could have made a killing selling warm crying towels in the locker room after game time.
- No matter how exciting a game is, shouting "GO BARACK" in the AdGabber Super Bowl chat room will result in a half-hour-long political death match.
- "Plaxico Burress" sounds like it belongs on a big pharma's drug pipeline.
- Bud Light failed to impress. Well, this was all right.
- The question of the night: Who thought the SalesGenie ads were racist? We didn't much notice -- but then again, we were also sharking Abercrombie & Fitch T-shirts after that racist tee fiasco.
- eTrade spots: Latent trauma or the quiet mark of an Ally McBeal fan?
- Coke dives into the Super Bowl -- traditional Pepsi territory -- and accomplishes two goliathan tasks: mending American politics for :60 over Jinx (have you got a better idea?), and recapturing America with "Balloon". The AdGabber chat room is screaming (or rather, furiously typing) "Charlie Brown! Did you SEE CHARLIE BROWN!" for the next 10 minutes -- a cheer only seconded by "BANANAS!" when, for some reason, the Super Bowl camera guys take a few wistful shots of some browning bananas on the sidelines.
Good game. Last-minute crowning glory for the Giants? Very The Art of War.
"It was the art of bad football," snarled twinzdad6 from the AdGabber chat room.
Topic: Opinion, Super Bowl 2008
"Nothing super memorable ad wise"???
Were you in the bathroom during the epic Coke balloon commercial? There's no mention of in in your blog write up. A glaring ommision.
Best Super Bowl spot in years.
Angela might have bee in the bathroom but I wasn't:
Hey, I didn't even see that!
Okay. The ONE TIME I take a bathroom break, Coke RECAPTURES THE HEARTS AND MINDS OF AMERICA?
OMG! Plaxico Burress (sounds so pharmaceutical!)LOL!
"warm crying towels" for the Pats!!! LMAO!
mentioned and Media Buyer sought by Chitika(ad spot on adrants.com)!!!
thanks Steve! :))
...both participants are clients, so, i just sat back and enjoyed the spectacle ;) !
At the peril of being totally and blatantly self-promotional about my blog, of course the SalesGenie ads were racist.