GLAAD is Sad, Dentsu Grabs McGarry Bowen, Cannes on DVD
- Burger King does the dropped wallet thing. Hey, it's a whole lot more fun that shoving coupons in people's faces.
- Even though you've already seen all the ads months ago for free, you can now pay for a DVD of the Cannes Lions Titanium and Integrated Lions. Go ahead. Open your wallet. Or try to. All we got was "not available yet" when we went to check the price.
- Gotta love nefarious Boards of Directors. The Commercial Closet Association, founded by former Ad Age staffer Mike Wilke will merge with the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation. It was a planned merge. What wasn't planned was the Board's outing (not the gay kind) of Wilke while he was away on vacation. Wilke was supposed to maintain his position after the merge. No he's suddenly out of work. Not nice, GLAAD.
- McGarry Bowen has sold its sole to Dentsu.
- And so it continues. In today's layoff news, Conde Nast has said goodbye to 36 staffers.
Topic: Agencies, Policy
Ah, Dentsu. The only place where a complete fail in new business and a sleazy lawsuit over upskirt photos of Maria Sharapova is rewarded with acquisitions and promotions for the CEO.
Is Japan a great country, or what?
Chris you seem such kind of angry ne, Andre-san and McGarry-san will be a kind of very handsomely rewarded for keeping Dentsu tradition. I need panty now, now, bitch now!!!!!