CAANZ Calls, Copy Can, VH1 Chats, Woot Wins
- Some guy's hoping for Million Dollar Homepage fame after having fallen prey to a Woot.com April Fool's joke by offering his Woot "bag of crap" to the person who wins a drawing he will hold tomorrow morning. To enter the drawing, people have to donate money.
- Creative Director Laura Sweet responds to David Pogue's article about marketer's adoption of "web 2.0" and offers a few tips.
- CAANZ wants your entries. New Zealand's CAANZ wants your submissions for its media awards and has a little commercial to urge you to do so.
- Copyblogger has the goods on how to create a "rock-solid tagline" that works.
- Newspaper print advertising revenue fell a record 9.4% last year, though growth from online ads held the overall newspaper revenue slip to 7.9%, according to a study by the Newspaper Association of America.
- VH1 said it plans to launch a new tool built for mobile devices that will provide viewers with the ability to access chat room while they watch the network's top shows.