Network BBDO Wins Radio Grand Prix
For its darkly strange and surreal radio campaign for Mercedes, BBDO Johannesberg brought home the Grand Prix for Radio Tuesday night at Cannes. The agency last won a Grand Prix in 2009 for Virgin Atlantic. The campaign, Accident Avoidance Features, has people who've been in car accidents taunted by the people they hit.
The copy is wickedly weird. One spot reads, in part, "For my birthday, he sent me a half sheep and 27 emotionally fraught mix tapes. He is intimately acquainted with the contents of my bin. I know he's touched my earbuds. And he likes to knit things for me too. Things like ponchos, cat suits and eye patches. To think, if I'd been driving a Mercedes-Benz with Lane Assist, that nifty accident avoidance system, we never would've met."
Other Gold Lion winners include:
- Y&R Bangkok for Mai Tan
- Network BBDO for Galderma
- Lowe & Prtners for Samroc Paint
- Three Drunk Monkeys for IKEA
- LatinWorks for Cin Las Americas
- Grabarz & Partners for Modern Music School
- DDB CoNetwork BBDO for lumbia for Armed Forces Columbia
- Jung Von Matt for Noah