Starcom Wins, LAist Rocks SXWS, Rosie Rants
- Starcom has reeled in the $100 million United Airlines global media business beating OMD and Mediaedge:cia
- Rosie O'Donnell's in a tiff over the American Idol Frenchie Davis/Antonella Barba picture thing. American Idol Exec producer responds, "Without wishing to add to the obvious self-promotion of Ms. O'Donnell, I feel as though I must refute her absurd and ridiculous claims that American Idol is racist and/or weightist. Ms. O'Donnell has, once again, spoken without thought or knowledge. Viewers need only look at the show tonight to realize that American Idol constantly confirms to America that talent has nothing to do with weight or color."
- According to the Internet Advertising Bureau, Internet ad spending grew 34 percent to $16.8 billion in 2006.
- If you're having trouble sleeping on those long business flights, British Airways has the solution: a soothing podcast.
- Here's a decidedly different look at outdoor advertising.
- The LAist will be rockin' during SXSW in Austin this Sunday hosting its own party at Room 710. If you're there, check it.