Virgin Music Launches Musical Artist Identification Game on Heavy
Virgin has launched a game on Heavy called exercise your muscle which calls for players to, as they name indicates, exercise their brain and music muscles to identify the 74 bands represented in an image on the game's page. There's a magnifying glass that can be rolled over the images for greater detail. Game prizes include an Alienware computer and one free year of music from VirginDigital, MP3 players with one year subscriptions to VirginDigital and one year subscriptions to Paste Magazine. Only true music aficionados need play. This one is a challenge and will keep you delightfully engaged for hours.
by Steve Hall Nov-22-05 Click to Comment
Topic: Creative Commentary, Games
Topic: Creative Commentary, Games
this page doesn't work for me. Heavy was cool before the bubble burst and Flash was ubiquitous... not so much now
How / when can we find out the answers?
page works for me.... what a cool, simple way to inspire interaction on the web.
i had no troubles with the page. i noticed that the downloaded image is cropped and you miss a few things from the left-hand side.. also i've got 67.... 5 to go... darn that gold mperson and those skipping girls...
I've got 70, most likely missing the ones having to do with the subway sign, 3 people on the roof, plant next to cart in lower left, chick in bikini in window, the one plastic looking monkey, 3 girls holding hands running across intersection, and the bag of onions or oranges in the lower right? Or any random one you came up withh...any help would be appreciated.
where can i get the answers
girls holding hands running across intersection= CHEEKS ON SPEED?
the ones having to do with the subway sign? teh gril dresses like Tarzan's Jen...and near de Cowboy Jonky...Jane's Addiction?
ANYWAY??????? ?where can you find the answers?!!!!
mwahah, i got
blur- the blurry guy on the very right.
alice in chains- girl on the right in chains.
sex pistols- the woman with the guns/dildo's.
radiohead- man in the middle background.
garbage- the garbage that is spilled.
that's all for now
pet shop boys
men at work
guns n' roses
mmm...de eso me acuerdo hasta el momento
here's a few bands that i can add:
the yellow squash brothers
the purple buildings
the white choir boys
mailbox blues band
the weird store
My Updated, Ongoing List ...
1. Aeroplane Jefferson
2. Air ( they are all breating it)
3. Alice in Chains
4. B52's or Jett(s)
5. Beach Boys,
6. Black Crows
7. Black Flag
8. Blind Melon
9. Blondie ( the girl chewing bubblegum)
10. Blur ( the blurry guy on the very right) Charmless Man or Fade Away are options too
12. Counting Crows
13. Cowboy Junkies
14. Crowded house
15. Cypress Hill
16. Dead Kennedys
17. Deep Purple (the purple building)
21. Goldie / Yelow Man
22. Goo Goo Dolls (blow up doll in the window) hehe
24. Great White
25. Green Day (as in greenday on the calander bottom right)
26. Guns & Roses
28. Iron Maiden (looked like a chess piece to me)
29. Jewell / Neil Diamond ( on the ground in forefront
31. Led Zeppelin
33. Madonna (the madonna and child picture in the wndow)
34. Manic Street Preachers (crazy dudes in white)
35. Matchbox 20 ( on the ground in forefront)
36. New York Dolls
37. Nickelback (or 50cent),
39. Phish ( goldfish bowl)
43. Radiohead (crossing the street)
44. Ratt (or Boomtown rats)
45. Red Hot Chili Peppers
46. Scissor Sisters (in the forefront)
47. Seal (poster)
48. Sex Pistols
49. Smashing Pumpkins
50. Spoon (giant spoon)
51. Nine Inch nails
53. Talking Heads
54. The Beach Boys / Butthole Surfers
55. The Bee Gees
56. The Carpenters
57. The Cars
58. The Contortionists / Elastica
59. The Eagles
60. The Eels
61. The Killers
62. The Lemonheads
63. The Pixies ( Fairies)
64. The Police
65. The Postal Service
66. The Rolling Stones
67. The Roots
68. The Streets
69. The Vines (coming out of the grate)
70. The White Stripes
71. T-Rex / Dinosaur Jr
72. Twisted Sister (Gymnasts)
74. White Zombie (or rob zombie),
77. The Surfers (obscure, were they ever actually a band??)
78. Is the crossing the White Stripes?
79. The goldfish "Goldie"?
80. Blues Brothers-(two guys in suits and sunglasses with guitar cases in the middle)
82. The Doors
83. Men at work,
84. Village People
86. Tatu (chicks makin out)
89. The Lamp Sisters
90. Sweet (galm rock from the 70's)
91. The Shadows
92. Pink Floyd (pink sky)
94. Black Diamond
97. ZZ Top - Gimme all your Lovin
98. Cyndi Lauper (girls just wanna have fun) lol
99. Nine inch NAILS. they're NOT cotton buds upon closer inspection! LOL
100. Pet Shop Boys
101. Skinny Dog
105. Lynyrd Skinner - Free Bird
106. Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
107. Colin James - Standing on the Edge
108. BTO - Takin Care of Business
109. Thin Lizzy - The boys are back in town
111. 50 Cent
112.Charmless Man (also theBLURry guy on the very right)
113. Fade Away (also the BLURry guy on the very right)
Okay so some are a "s t r e t c h" but it is a game afterall! hehe
iron maiden is one
i got one for u how about the MOnkeys (there bein several monkeys and all)
You missed Jane's Addiction (standing with the Cowboy Junkies).
i thought the 2 guys in suits would be mister mister
The presidents of the USA (near white zombie)
THE OTHERS POSTED UNBASED NAMES, MINE IS ALL BASED AND FORMED:
THE YELLOW SQUASH BROTHERS
THE PURPLE BUILDINGS
THE WHITE CHOIR BOYS
MAILBOX BLUES HAND
THE WEIRD STORE
isnt there any 1 old enuff here to know that the purple buildings are deep purple
i think the main street sign is either bruce springsteen or bob dylan
The White Stripes
The Blues Brothers
U forgot u2
U forgot u2
the 3 grils holding hands crossing the street are "3 non blondes" and the boxes under the lemons and beside the calender is "the cranberries"