Concept in the Air, No More 'Skip Ad' Button, Fuel Moustaches
- Screw the creative conference room. Hold your next concepting session at an elegant dining table suspended in the sky.
- Tacoda's Dave Morgan thinks online ads will become so good and so relevant that the ubiquitous "skip this ad" button will no longer be necessary. Excuse us while we pick ourselves up off the floor after ripping open an ab while laughing at this thought.
- For no reason at all, Fuel Industries celebrated Moustache Day last Friday and thinks every agency should do the same next year. Whatever.
- Here's a United Colors of Benetton ad that compares a bit more than just skin color. Definitely something not to look at at work or at least when no co-workers are around.
- Here's a useless factoid. Mundane Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil has the highest brand equity according to a recent Harris Interactive study.
- Mazda's new Mazda3 commercial from JXT Dussendorf. Eh. We've seen better.
- PointRoll has partnered with Fandango and will now embed ticket sales into their expand-o-banners.
Leave it to Sisley to combine a udder full of milk and a beautiful model with white stuff all over her face.
and how ziploc AND WD-40 beat out campbell's i'll never know.
Campbells got beat out because of a low quality score. These things roughly track my expectations: when I want plastic bag that seals *perfectly*, I buy a Ziploc. When I want a soup that tastes OK and only has three times the salt it should have, I get Campbells ... I recognise the brand, know that it will deliver an edible soup, but I don't expect a great soup.
You can make the bottom 5 rankings shift wherever you want by adjusting the weighting. What I would like to know is the difference between "equity" and "Overall Relevance", because they are both marked with only one star, and thus share a definition.
Hmmmm... That's JWT-D�sseldorf. JWT used to be called J. Walter Thompson. And D�sseldorf is a city in Germany. I think "Dussendorf" is American for "need geography lessons".
Nope. JXT Dussendorf is idiot speak for "I can't type."
Ok. I stnad corrceted.