Newsflash! Study Proves AXE Does, Indeed, Attract Women!
So all those ads depicting men as girl magnets just because they use AXE? True! All true! A recent study across six college campuses conducted by AXE and the Sports and Leisure Research Group found 81 percent of girls said they'd be more willing to shower at a guy's apartment if he had AXE Shower Gel in his shower as opposed to bar soap.
And guys who use AXE Shower Gel and AXE Detailer Shoer Tool were seven times more likely to hook up.
It seems the stuff really does work. Full study results after the jump.
That's What She Said
With the insights from girls across all six campuses, AXE honed in on what girls truly want and found that college girls agree: cleanliness is next to sexiness.
· 'A' for effort - 66% of girls surveyed felt that a guy who put more effort into their personal hygiene was sexy.
· A shower a day makes the girls want to play - 3 out of four girls (75%) said that they would only date a guy who showered daily.
· Should I stay or should I go now? - The majority of girls (81%) said they'd be more willing to shower at a guy's apartment if he had AXE Shower Gel in his shower (as opposed to bar soap).
Clean Man on Campus
Knowing that girls dig a guy with that "just took a shower" smell, AXE wanted to find out from girls who they thought were the cleanest guys on campus. The verdict: the school's hottest guys are more likely to be found in the library than the weight room.
· Hot for teacher - Almost half of the girls (47%) agreed that professors were the best groomed men in school, followed by members of student government (45%), Pre-med students (44%) and guys who attend Ivy League schools (44%).
· Fraternity rush...to the showers - of all campus groups, girls viewed frat members as having the worst hygiene on campus (39%), followed closely by the newly independent freshmen (29%), on-campus residents (23%) and varsity athletes (16%).
Believe to Achieve
After using AXE, guys saw an immediate boost to their game.
· So fresh and so clean - Most guys said they smelled better (90%) after using AXE Shower Gel than they did after using bar soap alone.
· Confidence is key - After showering with AXE, nine out of 10 guys (91%) felt more confident in approaching girls and commented that they'd be ready for that chance hook-up opportunity.
· Under pressure - 88% of guys felt more confident in high-pressure situations, such as internship interviews, class presentations, etc., after showering with AXE.
· Saved by the shower - In fact, during the week in which guys showered with AXE Shower Gel and the AXE Detailer Shower Tool, they were seven times more likely to hook up (23% vs. 3% of those who used regular bar soap).
Topic: Brands, Research