Video Ads Travel, Doritos Invites, Ad Spend Up, Fonts Explode
- Blip.tv has made this possible through a platform called "cross-post advertising" which allows ads to travel with videos wherever they are viewed: on blip.tv, a show's Web site or blog, iTunes and elsewhere throughout the Internet.
- Through March 23, YouTube is accepting entries for its consumer-generated awards contest. Winners will be announced March 26.
- Following its Crash the Super Bowl Contest, Doritos is inviting people to select the name of its product.
- Nielsen has reported ad spend rose 4.6 percent in 2006 to $139.07 billion. Internet led with a 35 percent gain.
- Cagle thinks the recent LA Times redesign is "font salad" with 22 different typefaces on the front page alone.
- Google has added Checkout buttons to its AdWords ads.