Guitar Hero Returns, Land Rover Moves, Tribune Privatizes
- The Seventh Chamber, Kontraband's Viral seeding agency, is launching a new Xbox viral to mark the release of Guitar Hero 2.
- Manhattan based Submedia is unveiling a new technology for use with industry-standard 6 by 4 light boxes with a new campaign for Land Rover's LR2. A total of 15 displays, which contain no moving parts and become four-second movies as viewers walk past, will be rolled out in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Miami this week.
- Cynopsis reports, "Tribune Company, with its strategic review process concluded, announced a transaction which will take the company private, with shareholders receiving $34 per share in a two-stage plan."
- Omnicom's Chuck McBride-created Cutwater just snagged the $360 million Jeep creative account.
- Writing ever so eloquently, "You'll very probably get laid off, what with the fucking deluge of account losses and reviews this sad excuse for an agency is currently looking at," the always opinionated George Park sounds off Draft/FCB's claim everything is just fine.
- Here's an inventive use of an elevator to promote a forklift.