Ogilvy Ravages the Clios, Takes Home 5 Golds
The 49th annual Clios took place in South Beach over the weekend. Content & Contact, Integrated Campaign, Innovative Media, Print and Design were recognized at the Fillmore in Jackie Gleason Theatre on Friday.
Ogilvy & Mather received the highest number of Gold Clios -- ironic, considering its founder was so resentful of award shows: three for Frankfurt and two for New York; followed closely by BBDO Worldwide (four Golds) and DDB Worldwide (also four).
Gold winners and "Best in Show" appear below.
For Content & Contact:
- 180 Amsterdam, Amsterdam, apparel/fashion/footwear, "Impossible is Nothing - Where Sport Meets Art" for adidas International
- BBDO New York, New York, media, "Voyeur" for HBO
- Leo Burnett, Sydney, direct marketing, "Earth Hour" for World Wildlife Fund
- Projector, Inc., Tokyo, apparel/fashion/footwear, "UNIQLOCK" for UNIQLO
- Shalmor Avnon Amichay/Y&R, Tel Aviv, public service, "Missing Soldiers" for The Missing Soldiers
For Innovative Media:
- Colenso BBDO, Auckland, business equipment/services, "Self Destruct" for Deadline Couriers
- Duval Guillaume Brussels, Brussels, public service, "A Blind Call" for Brailleliga
- mortierbrigade, Brussels, public service, "Black Boy Wants Water" for Studio Brussels Music for Life
- School of Visual Arts, New York, student, "Tennis Court" for PlayStation Portable
For Integrated Campaigns:
- BBDO New York, New York, integrated campaigns, "Voyeur Integrated Campaign" for HBO/Voyeur
- Crispin Porter + Bogusky, Miami, integrated campaign, "Whopper Freakout" for Burger King
- Ogilvy & Mather, Toronto, integrated campaign, "'New' Diamond Shreddies" for Shreddies Cereal
- DDB, Johannesburg, household products, "Pants" for Energizer Lithium Batteries
- DDB Amsterdam, Amstelveen, automotive, "Product Recall" for Volkswagen
- DDB Germany, Berlin, product/service campaign, "Golf"/"Gold Variant"/"Touran" for Volkswagen Park Distance Control
- DDB London, London, retail stores, "Menswear" for Harvey Nichols
- JWT, Mumbai, business equipment/services, "Twins" for Reynolds Permanent Marker - GM Pens International Pvt., Ltd.
- Ogilvy & Mather Frankfurt, Frankfurt/Main, entertainment, "Young Drivers-Fleetwood" for Mattel Matchbox
- Ogilvy & Mather Frankfurt, Frankfurt/Main, product/service campaign, "Young Drivers-Fleetwood"/"Young Drivers-Eldorado"/"Young Drivers-Mustang" for Mattel Matchbox
- Saatchi & Saatchi, New York, product/service campaign, "Soy Sauce"/"Mayo"/"Ketchup" for Tide Ultra
- Saatchi & Saatchi, Singapore, apparel/fashion/footwear, "Lounge" for Wonderbra
- Young & Rubicam, Capital Federal, product/service campaign, "Britney"/"Manson"/"Ricky" for MTV
- BBDO New York, New York, apparel/fashion/footwear, "Jellyfish" for Havaianas
- Colenso BBDO, Auckland, business equipment/services, "Self Destruct" for Deadline Couriers (also a Grand Clio winner)
- School of Visual Arts, New York, student campaign, "Six Flags 1"/"Six Flags 2"/"Six Flags 3" for Six Flags
- 180 Amsterdam, Amsterdam, brochures-product/service, for BMW Unstoppable
- Ogilvy, New York, environmental design, for BP- Auto, Fuel, Eco-Messaging
- Ogilvy & Mather Frankfurt, Frankfurt/Main, posters, for Malteser Ambulance Service-Typo Crash
- Meridian Communications Pvt., Ltd., Bangalore, environmental design, for treesforfree.org
- The Chase, Manchester, corporate identity, for Emergency Electrician Stationary
- TUGBOAT, Tokyo, environmental design, for Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc.
"Best in Show" winners:
- Colenso BBDO, Auckland
- Duval Guillaume, Brussels
- Ogilvy & Mather Toronto
- Ogilvy New York
See all winners at the Clio website.
Award whores rejoice: if you didn't get a Pencil or a Clio this season, there are still opportunities to win a Lion or a Coney. But oh, if these hype-ridden gold stars are your raisons d'etre, we pity your clients.
Topic: Agencies, Campaigns, Industry Events
Is advertising following comedy's footsteps — where comedians get all "witty" and play their bits to the back of the room? It's great to see so many agencies have perfected creating ads for the ad community. We get it, but, we're the ones that aren't gonna' go out and grab the products off the damn shelves.