Doritos Whores for Entries (Again), Dinosaurs Explain Facebook, Advertising's Trojan Horse, Shilling American Foreign Policy
- Doritos is holding another CGM contest for the Super Bowl. Ooh, but there's a twist: win $1 million if your spot becomes the FIRST EVAR! consumer-generated ad to take No. 1 in USA Today's Ad Meter. (Here's what won last year.) Entries welcome 'til November 16.
- Given that people and dinosaurs walked the earth at the same time,* it's totally probable dinosaurs caught the social media bug from its Homo sapien homies. Isn't Facebook, like, 200 million years old or something?
- Bill Gates in a condom ad! No, not really, but that penis makes a resonant impression.
- George Parker plays Cassandra to advertising's Troy.
- 'Tis the season to dress your pets in festive drag.
- Federated Media launches self-service ad platform.
- Beautiful, scorn-free stuff from 'round the 'net.
- According to Google's Eric Schmidt, brands empower users to sort out the internet cesspool.
- America: the gift shop.