McCain Changes Stripes,
- For its 50th anniversary, The Marketing Society launched 50 Golden Brands, which will celebrate 50 "hero brands" for the past 50 years. Contenders include eBay, Virgin, Perrier and some weird thing called Fairy Liquid.
- George Parker taught me a new word: Adverati. He also handpicked the ugliest pictures out of Advertising Age's Cannes party post and put the subjects in a more engaging light. And by "engaging," I mean "fluorescent."
- Rocawear and Boost Mobile launched a mobile campaign. Amobee is serving the ads. The campaign is about overcoming adversity. It's also about scoring discounts and disseminating unique and motivating Jay-Z lines like "I will not lose."
- Italian Vogue goes black -- all black -- for its July issue. Editor Franca Sozzani said she was inspired in part by Obama's success in the primaries.
- Check out this sexy no-key keyboard. It's made up of glass, camera and lighting. Also, unless the ads are lying (and why would they?) it's apparently waterproof. Which is good, because I would like to lick it.