- Though many hate it, we kinda like the new United Airlines/Contenental logo.
- The One Club will be host its Second Annual Creative Week in New York City from May 10 to May 16, 2010.
- Hey we like this promotional video for the Seattle International Film Festival.
- Here's the latest from ESPN' s World Cup "One Game Changes Everything" campaign promoting the FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
- Never date a Flyers fan even if she shaves her mustache.
- A long diatribe in Ad Age on the topic that bad work costs more than good.
Here's some more Portfolio Night 8 Host Agency Videos. Strange.
Ogilvy & Mather, New York: http://portfolionight.com/8/archives/355
Ogilvy & Mather, Mumbai: http://portfolionight.com/8/archives/1071
Ogilvy & Mather, Taipei: http://portfolionight.com/8/archives/1069
Feel fabulous, not flabulous, ladies. That's the message from Belle Bouton who is helping Mama Mio pimp its Get Waisted Body Shaping Serum.
Yea. It's all a little bit weird.
If you are squeamish or faint of heart, you may want to reconsider viewing this nine minute video, Born Free, from M.I.A. (Mathangi "Maya" Arulpragasam). If you can get past the extreme violence in this video and grasp the metaphor presented, then, by all means, give it a watch.
The artist has put forth a thoughtful examination of the discriminatory violence that occurs around the world. For the metaphor, M.I.A. uses redheads or "gingers" as they are referred to in Britain, to illustrate her point. Gingers, those with pale skin, freckles and red hair, are considered by some to be inferior. The group is used as an example of persecuted groups around the world.
Spotted. That man/woman who plays that creepy Mormon gangster on HBO's Big Love. He/She helps a guy get off worked so he can...ahem...get off with a couple of hotties hanging at the pool table. Hmm. How very un-Mormon-like.
It's all part of a Hornitos tequila campaign dubbed Purer Than Your Intentions. In another commercial, a guy calls the cougar he met last night only to be surprised at who she turns out to be.
Short and sweet. Just the way we like it.
How one can determine the number of abandoned dogs in a given nation is beyond us. But, that's besides the point. UK-based Hyper Happen wants us to know there are 108,000 abandoned dogs in the UK.
To do that, they've created Charlie's Story, a multi-part story of an abandoned dog sponsored by Pedigree Adoption Drive. Apparently the outcome of each video can be changed after 25,000 views. Way to get the view count up guys.
Also, Pedigree will donate £1 for every view. So go watch, people! And watch a lot!
Not at all in association with their employer, McCann, Matt O'Rourke and Ale Lariu, group CDs at McCann are having a fucking party and they're calling it the Fucking Party. The purpose? To collect the largest database of swear words. Why? Who gives a shit. We like the idea. And we're on the list because, well, we know our trash talk.
But, no doubt, George Parker will be the most prolific contributor.
Ever been on a field trip? Of course you have. Ever met an alien on a field trip? Probably not. Well, the kids in this three minute Lunchables video have the pleasure of meeting a pair. That is until the whole thing is unveiled to them as being part of a Lunchables commercial which touts the giveaway of 50 field trips.
Chicago agency The Escape Pod created the work which, if you ask us, is 2:30 longer than it needs to be. It's like watching paint dry..
- McDonald's. Still telling "people" it's a good thing to reward good grades with crappy food.
- Another middle-aged, white Republican walks the line with a pro-racial profiling ad. If you think about it, stereotypes are just assumptions based on past history. It's like a scientist making a hypothesis. So is this ad really that offensive?
- Despite Microsoft's Bing, Google still leads share of search with 71.4 percent in April, up from 69.97 percent in March. Bing fell from 9.62 percent in March to 9.43 percent in April.
- Witty. Instead of just telling people to Shave Everywhere, Philips Norelco is now telling people "Deforest Yourself. Reforest the World." How very green of them.
- HP is sponsoring the 2010 Cannes Young Lions Competition.
- @^% the brands that are @^%ing the people.
Attention ladies with cleavage. Do you struggle will ill-fitting tops? Sick of leering men staring down your blouse? Tired of layering to prevent spillage?
Then let us introduce you to Cami Secret. It's like a doily for your cleavage. Seriously.