Warning: include(/inc/detect_ads.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2009/01/index.php on line 11
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/inc/detect_ads.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2009/01/index.php on line 11
Warning: include(/inc/header.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2009/01/index.php on line 12
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/inc/header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2009/01/index.php on line 12
- Michael Arrington gets spat on at the DLD Conference in Munich, then writes a worthy manifesto about how people's feelings about TechCrunch -- or any publication, really -- shouldn't evolve into a threat to the safety of editors and those they love.
- The Electronic Frontier Foundation isn't keen on whitehouse.gov hosting YouTube vids.
- Ethical banking/retail firm Co-operative Group received licensing rights to use Bob Dylan's Blowin' in the Wind, a '60s-era antiestablishment song, in an ad. It breaks next week.
- Most awful Super Bowl video in history.
- Ad Land's Karl Lagerfeld.
- Right vs. wrong in social media.
- Taglines for the US of A.
- Hulu will be launching an ad campaign on Super Bowl Sunday. It's promised to "reveal the secret behind" its, uh, Huluness.
- Something about sharing fluids.
- Burger Bed. For some reason we instantly think Burger King (maybe the Whopper Virgin influence?), but it has nothing to do with that, actually.
- AgencySpy is unhappy with Fiat.
- Don't just rock that rosary, rawk it. Popin' it up on YouTube.
- Interested in movie marketing? No? Youwill be.
- M&Ms is giving away a trip to Paris. Go win it. Then we can sit around together and stare sullenly at the rain while the wifi blinks in and out of operation.
- Trust Me's Eric McCormack on being an ad man.
Kevin Garnett and Young Jeezy place bets with the reckless abandon of toddlers with Lincoln Logs in "Poker Game."
The stakes are high from moment one, but we couldn't help smiling when Jeezy sprinkles the pot in chips and goes, "S'nothing. I got basketball money too." Rich black people! Always so quotable.
In a 2001 spot called "Proof," Kylie Minogue shimmied into a garter belt and rode a velvet mechanical bull under the watchful eye of a creepy old woman with a paperback novel.
Their objective: to prove Agent Provocateur was the world's most erotic lingerie by giving movie-going chavs big hard woodies. It's cheeky shit, but what erotic spark it lights is quickly dampened when the geriatric refugee from Grimm's Fairy Tales starts laughing maniacally.
You just need to battle its hordes, brave the lines and spend a weekend alone with a Philips and a hammer to claim a little Pax for yourself. =P
Work by St. Lukes Communications and production company Outsider.
Watching this commercial in which a piece of chewed gum slowly passes from one person to another while a soothing voice over talks about being a people person who likes all types of people and who takes everyone as the are without judgment leads one in several directions befoe it delivers its message.
Is it an ethereal ad for chewing gum? Some kind of world peace message from some cause group?An environmental message? A dating service?
Of course the title of the ad, MTV Staying Alive, pretty much eliminates those options but it still doesn't totally set you up for the fact its an AIDS awareness message. Which is a good thing because this ad sort of enraptures you and ties itself beautifully to its ultimate message.
The ad was created by Lowe MENA Dubai
You saw thew crappy version here which was debuted at Pepsi's press conference this morning. Now here's a high quality version. It's the 2D version. A 3D version will air during the Super Bowl.
At least it's not Naomi Campbell trying to dance.
Oh you know you've always wanted to do this. And we're sure some of you have done it. What are we talking about?
Car wash + convertible + top down = Mini Cabrio commercial.
Yes, you read that right. Four guys hopped into a Mini Cabrio and went through a car wash with the top down. And filmed it, of course.
It's all part of a new campaign to promote the launch of the vehicle in February. We like the effort.
In the midst of what has suddenly become Super Bowl XLIII advertising madness, there are, though hard to believe, marketers running campaigns that have nothing whatsoever with the Super Bowl.
One such marketer is Activision which recently launched one of those clandestine, ARG-style, mysterious, who's-behind-it viral thingamabobbers.
There's a "breaking news report" video which covers a murder tied to a Russian government conspiracy. There's a website that talks about hidden Russian secrets dating back to the 1950's. There's Twitter accounts. There's facebook profiles. All the ingredients are there.
We'd dig further to find out what it's all about but someone else already has. You can read all about it here.
And yes, it's all just for another stupid video game.
- Crispin Porter + Bogusky have remade the classic Mean Joe Green commercial from 1980 for this year's Super Bowl. The new version will feature Pittsburgh Steeler Troy Polamalu.
- Just released: Sobe's 3D Super Bowl commercial.
- Here's Denny's Super Bowl tease.
- Miller's one second ads.
- Here are two Pepsi Diet Max ads which will air during the Super Bowl. One. Two.
- Possible Gatorade commercial for Super Bowl.
Warning: include(/inc/column_right.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2009/01/index.php on line 19311
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/inc/column_right.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2009/01/index.php on line 19311
Warning: include(/inc/footer.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2009/01/index.php on line 19312
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/inc/footer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2009/01/index.php on line 19312