Warning: include(/inc/detect_ads.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2006/11/index.php on line 11
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/inc/detect_ads.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2006/11/index.php on line 11
Warning: include(/inc/header.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2006/11/index.php on line 12
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/inc/header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2006/11/index.php on line 12
Apparently those living in Denmark have a care free attitude about a lot of things including speeding so the Danish Road Safety Council thought it was time for a different approach to enforce speed limits. The country now has Speed Control Bikini Bandits. Yes. It's exactly what it sounds like except the Bandits seem to have forgotten to wear their bikini tops when holding speed limit signs and urging drivers to obey the limits. Have fun with this witty campaign approach to speed control but if your boss doesn't like you watching naked women holding speed limit signs while shaking their boobs, you might want to properly angle your monitor before viewing.
- The Midnight Gaming Championship final, title sponsored by McDonald's, is taking place this Saturday, Nov. 18. The event will feature 24 of the best gamers from around Dallas/Fort Worth and the country, including Crow, the number one Tekken player in the world, and Jenmaster, one of the top five most dangerous gamers.
- Here's a video by Owen Plotkin that features Art Directors Club Yong Guns winner Jayson Atienza talking about his sneaker art show opening. We know it's supposed to be "arty" but it seems Owen had great difficulty focusing on people's faces in the video. Not to mention the poor lighting.
- One of the Geico Cavemen, John Lehr will appear in two new spots and a new TBS series 10 Items Or Less premiering November 27.
- Marketing and creative staffing firm Aquent has partnered with celumsolutions to offer up digital asset management software to marketing firms.
- Copyranter says "there's pee in your butt" and points to an element of the latest Truth campaign which, though sticker on ads, informs us cigarettes contain animal pee. Fun.
VH1 and IFILM, today, is bringing back Show Us Your Junk, a collection of the best viral videos
To promote their snazzy condo complex in Atlanta, Eon at Lindbergh set mannequins up throughout the community - behind registry counters, at clubs or in imposing formation on open lawns.
The campaign is called Bring Lindbergh to Life and the idea is to inspire people to invest their own living breathing bodies in the Lindbergh community. We dig. We also find mannequins jarring when they're outside of stores and staring lifelessly at you from across a cafe table. Must be tough making conversation with a chick that's more plastic than usual. - Contributed by Angela Natividad
Apparently tissue is experiencing a comeback and Kleenex wants in on hipsters: Our New Oval is a promo for their new oval-shaped tissue dispenser.
Kleenex has been long wedded to the ho-hum quadrilateral silhouette so here's a half-hearted kudos for thinking out of the box. Though their decision to go oval made us recall the logo ovulation critique Hurty Elbow posed about brands who somehow fall under the misguided impression that oval saves sinking ships.
Check out other promo ads here. And since no hipster campaign is complete without one, take the personality test too. If you're curious about Adrants' personality, we are into yoga and wise beyond our years. We don't know about all that om business but that last goes without saying, yeah? - Contributed by Angela Natividad
We have no idea whether this is new or not or why, once again, men are crapped on as unfeeling idiots and women are portrayed as the only ones who have sensitivity and can do laundry. Oh wait. Of course we do. Because it's all true. Men ruin beauty. Women preserve it. Or something like that. Argue amongst yourselves after you view this stainball hunting video from Shout.
Oh how we couldn't pass on highlighting this headline from AdPulp: Charmin Lets You Squeeze One Out in Times Square. Yes, it's all part of Charmin's cutesy bear campaign that promotes a 20-stall Charmin-branded public restroom to be placed at 1540 Broadway in New York between November 20 and December 31. To promote the toilet, there will be Charmin representatives dressed as toilets (yes, you read that right) who will hand out fliers promoting the restroom's locations.
-Virgin Atlantic goes overboard playing with its own nine inches of pleasure in a new campaign from Eight Partnership.
- imulus wonders why advertisers haven't figured out podcast advertising and offers up a few suggestions.
- If you like hot looking mannequins in hot looking lingerie in hot looking poses, you'll like this print campaign for blush lingerie.
- That Silly Girl weighs in on the stereotypical idiocy of the STA Travel Body Shots thing and why Leo Burnett might want to take its weather-dependent Max Factor billboard to earthquake laden San Francisco.
- Cynopisis reports, "Nielsen has just completed its first Product Placement Valuation Study, which is part of its Anytime Anywhere Media Measurement (A2/M2) initiative. Of interest in the study, 57.5% of viewers recognized a brand when seeing a product placement in combination with a commercial. That's in comparison to 46.6% who only saw the commercial for that brand. The results suggests product placement adds to the value of traditional advertising."
- Michael Crichton does the fake company, fake video thing to promote his new genetic engineering-focused novel.
Adpunch is not impressed with this cell phone etiquette ad from Kyocera in which a guy gets the karma he deserves for his obnoxious ring tone and verbal inanities. We, however, love it and think every loser who thinks it's OK to strike up a phone conversation and share it with the entire room should get what's coming to them. There's a second spot that hilariously deals with the cell phone etiquette at a grave site. While it's hard to believe, there are still idiots out there who have no idea when and when not to use a cell phone. Good on Kyocera for attempting to educate those losers. The two spots were created by Vitro Robertson.
Oh for fuck's sake. It's like a bunch of kids throwing sand at each other in a sandbox. Apparently, some Second Life dude stole some virtual possessions of others (using this replicator thingy called Copybot) and those others (sounds like Lost here) retaliated by shutting down their businesses all across Second Life and hanging "Sorry, We're closed. Thanks to Copybot!" signs in front of their businesses. And marketers really want to get into this muck.
UPDATE: Linden Labs, creator of Second Life has banned the use of Copybot. OK, boys.You can put all the sand back in the box now.
Yawn. Oh sorry. We have news to report here but we just get bored sometimes hearing the same things over and over and over again. Especially about mediums du jour (OK, OK, it's a world that took lots of blood and sweat to build) that are tinier than the balls on an account exec standing in front of a client who says the work won't "resonate" with the target audience.
Now what were we talking about? Oh yea. Times Square and all of New York is getting its SL freak treatment. That's Second Life for those of you that have been untainted by Second Life Herald or Nissan's SL automobile vending machine. The Ad Option, the company that brought American Apparel to Second Life is building out Times Square in Second Life to be completed in time for the ball to virtually drop New Year's Eve. Now, those in Second Life suffering years of real world withdrawal can get a virtual dose of it by visiting the Second Life version of Times Square and all the (oh yes) advertising the place will carry.
Warning: include(/inc/column_right.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2006/11/index.php on line 24878
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/inc/column_right.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2006/11/index.php on line 24878
Warning: include(/inc/footer.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2006/11/index.php on line 24879
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/inc/footer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2006/11/index.php on line 24879