How the super cute Little Jenny became the rebellious, sexed-up Taylor Momsen is a mystery we may never solve but John Galliano is happy that's the direction in which things are headed. He's tapped the 17 year old Gossip Girl to appear in a new ad campaign for his Parlez moi d'amour fragrance.
A Publicis Milan-created commercial for the Renault Twingo has some Italians up in arms. Some are not happy with the commercial's lesbian-themed content. Defending the ad, Publicis' Daniele Tranchini said, "We wanted to create an advert that was original, enjoyable and at the same time not vulgar, and I believe we have achieved that. What is clever is that you think the advert is going one way but in the end it goes another - it's great, don't you think?"
Why yes we do, Daniele. Yes we do. And we just don't understand why anyone would have their undies in a bunch over such an ad.
We saw this video months ago, could have sworn we wrote about it but can't find evidence of it anywhere. So...we'll write about it now. Because that's what we do. The video is for Forrester & Bob Underwear and, yes, like all lingerie commercials, it's salacious, sexy and filled with hotness. And a tiny bit of nudity too so beware if you or your boss are afraid of such things.
PETA continues it's long-standing mission of capturing every Hollywood star, fashion model and porn star nude for...oh wait...this isn't PETA...this is Marc Jacobs. And he's got Marisa Miller with her clothes off in a new ad campaign for his skin cancer awareness campaign, Protect the Skin You're In.
Along with Heidi Klum, Naomi Campbell, Helena Christensen and Victoria Beckham who have appeared in the campaign in the past, Miller is promoting the sale of t-shirts (emblazoned with her D cup glory) with proceeds going to support the NYU Cancer Institute.
Of the ad, Miller writes on her blog, "I thought wearing my Chucks was better than heels, right? The skate deck I'm holding is a really cool vintage deck from Santa Cruz Skateboards. It was made over to promote the charity - but maybe one day I can post the original with the SC skate logos :)"
What would Adrants be if it weren't for our annual celebration of the sexiest, hottest, most tantalizing ads of the year? Advertising Age? Probably not but you can't get what we've got over there because, well, they have rules. Journalistic integrity. And a reputation to uphold. Us? We starve to bring you the good stuff every day of the year.
Anyway, here's a roundup of the 21 hottest ads of 2010. Who can forget Diesel's recent ad campaign shoot at the Brooklyn Law School library which sent everyone into a tizzy of Puritanical Proportion? Or Tehmeena Afzal who "lent her giants to the New York Giants" in a video that will truly make you want to "play" something completely different after viewing. Good God, the woman is hot!
The stunning allure of this Oh La La Cheri video had us wanting to give up writing about advertising all together and become a fashion photographer. These Dim Lingerie-enhanced breasts had a cat so excited he had to rip the woman's bra off in a public market. And speaking of breasts, if you like really big ones, we guarantee you'll love this Bennets Motorcycle Insurance video featuring the pendulous pulchritude of the 32G-equipped Lucy Pinder whose breasts test the limits or her bathing suit's ability to properly contain the cavernous cleavage of her mountainous mammeries.
This round of last week's top stories brings us one of the funniest commercials we've seen in a long time; Kevin Bacon playing Kevin Bacon's biggest fan for Logitech. He nails it perfectly. In other popular stories this week, AT&T very humorously attempts to tell us it has the best 3G service, Ian McKellen is seduced by Marion Cotillard, Dirdle-dressed hotties dance to promote Bavarian tourist destination, members of the Lingerie Football League support PETA and Dr. Ashley proves only the Old Spice guy can be the Man You Wish Your Man Smelled Like.
1. Kevin Bacon is Kevin Bacon's Biggest Fan
2. Worst Bra Commercial Ever!
3. Marion Cotillard Helps Crippled Ian McKellen Walk
4. AT&T Has the Fastest Mobile Broadband. Um....Hahahahahaha!
5. You're an Asshat for Calling 'Dibs' on That Parking Space
6. Hip Hop Hotties Hype Bavarian-Themed Tourist Destination
7. Lingerie Football League Hotties Save Rabbits, Elephants
8. HBO Programming Crowdsourced
9. Sometimes All You Need is a Logo
10. Dr. Ashley is Not the Man You Wish You Could Smell Like
- Natalie Portman is the new face for Dior Chérie fragrance and will appear in a series of print ads shot by Tim Walker and a TV campaign by Sofia Coppola in March 2011.
- In 2011 80% of US businesses with 100+ employees will use social media marketing, up 42% from 2008.
- Daffy's does AssCrackVertising.
- A New Zealand ad campaign has raised the ire of people after suggesting low-carb beer is only for homosexuals.
- In most places bras are sold by having models wear them while prancing around as if they want to have sex with you. In Taiwan, they just hang them on a Christmas tree.
- Absolut is out with an iPad version of its Drinkspiration app.
- To help raise money for the United Way, Colle+McVoy has launched Happy Exchange where everyone is invited to join the effort by posting their smile for just $1.
- Calling McDonald's a "hip hangout" is never a good thing. Especially in a forced product placement.
- Former buy.at executives have launched Performance Horizon Group which is out with new products aimed at improving campaign management for agencies and lead generation for publishers.
- Gossip Girl's Blake Lively has been tapped (not literally, of course...because that would be gross) by Karl Lagerfeld to front his Winter/Spring 2011 Chanel ad campaign.
Miss us? Yea, it's been quiet here for a few days. But it was for good reason., We were at a conference called SocialFresh and it was held on a cruise ship with seriously limited internet access. More on that later. For now, let's talk about Woody Goomsba and Leavenworth Washington. Never heard of it? Well, you will have after you've viewed this video promoting the Bavarian-themed destination.
Unlike your average tourism video which barfs up transitional imagery of a destination's supposed beauty, Leavenworth takes a different approach. it's not a new approach but it works. The strategy? Hot women dressed in sexed-up Dirndle wear who hang with crackin' nutcracker Woody Goomsba and gyrate to the sounds of some beat heavy hip hop rap.
Remember music glass in elementary school? You had to learn the fundamentals of musical notes. From A to G. Octaves. And all that good stuff. Remember when you first laid eyes on a bra and realized they were sized using letters of the alphabet akin to musical notes being assigned to letters of the alphabet? Remember how you never made a correlation between the naming of musical notes and the cup size of a bra?
Yea, because no one had ever made that correlation before. But now - and it was only a matter of time - a brand has made that very correlation. That brand is La Senze and the correlation comes in the form of The Cup Size Choir.
A new video from La Senza rings in the holiday season with women ranging in cup size from A to G who, while dressed in lingerie, sing a holiday tune as they gyrate on beds. There's even an interactive version where you can click each girl to have her sing her note for you.