Chipotle has partnered with Major League Soccer and has announced it will be the Official Fast-Casual Mexican Restaurant of MLS and 12 MLS Clubs. The sponsorship will be Chipotle's largest single sports partnership and will feature promotional programs with 12 teams, individual players, and programs across the entire league.
Throughout the 2014 season, Chipotle will work with MLS and the 12 clubs by launching promotions to reach MLS fans. During the AT&T MLS All-Star Week in August, Chipotle will sponsor the inaugural Chipotle MLS Homegrown Game featuring the nation's top Homegrown players from MLS Club rosters. Homegrown players from across the league will be chosen by MLS to participate in the game.
This Olympics-focused editorial series is written by Ronald Urbach, Chairman of law firm Davis & Gilbert LLP and the co-chair of the Advertising, Marketing & Promotions Practice Group at the firm.
Much of what we hear as we read the reports of the Olympics is: how many medals? It appears that the media is compelled to quantify success, sort of like an Olympic box score. Is the US leading in the total medal count? Is the US leading in gold medals? How many medals does China have? Will Great Britain, the host country, finally begin to rack up the medals? As I write this article, the US is leading in total overall medals, though not in gold. Great Britain is coming on strong - now in third, and Andy Murray beat Roger Federer for the coveted gold in men's tennis.
But to advertisers and agencies, the medal count pales next to the critical question - who will be the breakout advertising spokesperson of the 2012 Olympics? Will anyone rise to the level of a true advertising superstar?
Zippo is out with a new campaign that integrates musical events, sweepstakes, giveaways, social media and online marketing with retail sales. The Zippo Encore campaign comes courtesy of East Aurora, NY advertising agency Cenergy
Intended to increase Zippo's social media presence and product awareness among males 18 to 35, and to generate sales, Zippo Encore consists of three national, active rock music tours, in succession. The Avalanche tour runs until April 25 and includes 21 performances in 17 states, from California to Rhode Island. At each of the concerts Zippo will be the presenting sponsor. The feature act is Shinedown.
In what looks, at first, like yet another demonstration of an auto manufacturer's obsession with proving its vehicles are high performance race cars even though that speed and agility is never needed on public roadways, DDB Spain has created an interesting promotional sponsorship device for Audi's association with Real Madrid and FC Barcelona.
The two teams, both of which have Audi as an official vehicle sponsor, are set to go head to head next Saturday, December 10 in the Spanish Derbi. A video, which looks like a couple of Audis just drifting around a few pylons turns out to be a pretty ingenious approach at creating a layout for an ad which ultimately appeared in print. Watch the video to see the result.
This just in from the folks over at Kentucky For Kentucky hoping to raise enough money to get an ad in the Super Bowl.
"We've got 31 days left in our quest to crowd fund, produce, and air a epic Super Bowl commercial marketing the Commonwealth of Kentucky. A project fueled by Kentucky pride showcasing to the world all of the amazing people, cultural influences, destinations, and products that make Kentucky the greatest state ever. So far we've got $67,604 pledged of the $3.5 million goal. The party is just getting started and we're still confident we'll hit our goal and make history.
Now Corporation, working with VMG Creative has released a series of short films for Capital One promoting the brand's Mascot Challenge which urges people to vote for their favorite mascot. In the videos, we see the Iowa State's Cy, TCU's Superfrog, LSU's tiger and Oregon State's Beaver.
The videos direct people to a Capital One site on which they can view more videos and vote for their favorite mascot. Each week there will be a challenge culminating in a winner be chosen in sixteen weeks.
Sponsoring a sailing race team is nothing new. Sponsoring a couple of newlyweds from Chicago as they make their way around the globe on a 35ft 1975 Hallberg Rassy Rasmus is a little different.
Following the advice of Mark Twain who said, "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover," Scott and Brittany Meyers have embarked upon a global sailing trip and are sharing that trip on their blog, Windtraveler, on Twitter and on Facebook.
Euro RSCG London has created 19 cheeky :15's as part of Clearasil's sponsorship of Channel 4's controversial teen drama, Skins. In each of the video's we seen teens in situations that aren't always clear (or clear-headed). And each video carries the voiceover, "At least your skin is clear.
They are quick. Concise and tuned into a very popular piece of pop culture that's directly related to the brand's target audience.
Russ Lidstone, CEO Euro RSCG London said ''Skins is the perfect fit for Clearasil and has provided us with a great opportunity to produce some highly impactful and engaging work that we as an Agency can feel really proud of'.
View them all here.
- Facebook has banned the use of the marijuana leaf in ads dubbing them "illegal content."
- In the WTF category, Six Flags has announced Rayovac will be the official battery of the park. Hopefully, the rides aren't powered by batteries.
- Ocean Outdoor has launched a live digital creative competition where creatives can compete for a digital campaign worth £250,000 and flights to San Francisco by submitting a digital outdoor ad, between September 27 and October 1. Details here.
- Ten ways you're addicted to Facebook.
- First it was Alyssa Milano. Now a guy wants Jimmy Fallon to follow him on Twitter.
- This is kinda funny. A Big Ad Gig submission from an "ineligible" entrant.
- Hybrid ad agency/film production company Lucky is out with a couple of promotional videos for a launch party. One. Two.
- The new hotness from Queso Divine featuring Chipz of The Snack Nasty Crew.
- Nudity is great but it won't save magazines. We tell FOX News why.
- Esurance will be the official sponsor of the 2010 U.S. Open.
- Alex Bogusky tells all in lengthy Fast Company interview.
- It's not as hot as her work for Pepsi but this is Beyonce Knowles. There isn't much to complain about.
- Want to know how Karl Lagerfeld creates a Fendi campaign? Check it out here.
- Stallone beats the shit out of YouTube.
- This bike has a brain. And it's precious. And it's out to fight cancer. And it's a LIVESTRONG effort.