In a brilliant, Urgent Genius-created parody about how things have changed over the years at SXSW, we have Hitler, in a scene from some movie we've seen but can't quite place, lamenting the changes SXSW has seen over the years.
Everyone gets trashed in the spoof. Pete Cashmore, Mashable, Foursquare, the iPhone, the TRON Lounge, the Samsung Blogger Lounge, Chevrolet's Tweet House, the Pepsi Max Playground, the iPad2 pop up store, the Sobe Lizard Lounge.
If you were there, you can see the humor in all of this. If you weren't then just witness the changes you've seen in the conferences you have attended over the years. They get bigger, more corporate and brand presence proliferates. But SXSW has the seen the biggest changes in the shortest amount of time. Which is what makes this video so funny.
In what could have been a hilarious take on the GoDaddy commercials if only it were three and a half minutes shorter, this video from Network Solutions featuring Cloris Leachman is a yawner. Leachman can be funny but this dreck just goes on and on and on. And then at the end we are subjected to what seems like some kind of pro-women cause group rant from BlogHer Co-Founder Lida Stone.
Yawn. We'll take the GoDaddy Girls over this crap any day of the week. Even if they are a bunch of bimbos with fake boobs and absolutely no need for a domain registrar.
In an apparent effort to to get herself into a Super Bowl commercial, ESPN SportsNation's Michelle Beadle took a stab at placing herself in some classic Super Bowl ads of yore; Mean Joe Green, The Budweiser Frogs, the eTrade Babies and the Betty White Snickers ad.
They're all horrible. But kinda funny.
- When Naomi Campbell travels to Moscow she stays at The Legend of Tsvetnoy apartment complex, conveniently owned by her billionair boyfriend Vladamir Doronin.
- Here's a really terrible spoof pimping an eighty-blade razor from Gillette.
- Oh and here's an equally bad ad. This is the Jesus Hates Obama ad everyone is talking about.
- Google Co-Founder Larry Page is taking over for Eric Schmidt who is stepping down as CEO of the search giant. Schmidt will stay on as executive chairman.
- Oragina spoofs commercial after commercial after commercial.
- Las Vegas ad campaign targets recession survivors.
- If you follow fashion advertising you'll be interested to know Anna Dello Russo is out with a new campaign for her fragrance. If you're not, then just move right along.
- Interested in what online video can do for your marketing? Check out this webinar by video blogging expert Steve Garfield.
- And don't forget to submit your hotness to Advertising Hotties.
Well this is interesting. And sexy. And quite ingenious. To tout the 40th anniversary of its Page 3 Girls, The Sun has created a spoof of Old Spice's I'm on A Horse. The results are quite good. Shot in one take like the original, Page 3 girl Rosie Jones asks men to look at their woman and then back at her thereby coming to the sad conclusion most men's women are clearly not Rosie.
But, according to Rosie, that's OK because men can have her and all the other Page 3 girls in their hands everyday simply by picking up a copy of The Sun. And she has gifts. In her coconuts.
Hahahahaha! here's an absolutely pointless spoof of Foursquare called Fartsquare.Yes, it's completely juvenile and devoid of any socially redeeming qualities. Then again, one of the top selling apps in The App Store is iFart. You can never get enough bathroom humor.
Remember Ellen Feiss? Of course you don't. So, don't read any further until you watch this. OK? Watched it? Now check out this spoof Bantam Live did in which Salesforce takes on the role of PC and Bantam Live is, according to Bantam, the far superior Apple.
It was only a matter of time before Blendtec's Will it Blend did their own version of Old Spice's I'm on a Horse. So, here it is. And, yes, it blends.
Here's a goofy spoof of Calvin Klein's recent Zoe Saldana commercial. The spoof features DW Diaz who has fun spewing the usual nonsense we are so used to hearing in fashion commercials. It's been out for a while but it's funny so give it a watch.