Launching or redesigning a website for your agency or one of your clients is no longer news but it's still a detailed endeavor that takes design skill, technical expertise and a little bit of humility coupled with patience as the project progresses.
So while we all may perceive these sorts or redesigns as yawners, they still have to be done and they still have to be done right. HubSpot hopes to help with a white paper, part of the Adrants whitepaper series, entitled 10-Step Checklist for Your Next Website Redesign.
Download the whitepaper now and make sure your next website redesign goes swimmingly.
If you are an agency or a brand trying to decide whether or not social media marketing is worth the investment, consider these numbers from recent studies of social media users:
- 78% are directly influenced by branded posts when making purchases
- 74% encourage friends to try new products
- 80% try new things based on friends' suggestions
Given that Facebook alone has nearly a billion users, the possibilities are too significant to ignore. But how does a brand tap into the full potential of social media marketing? A new best practices ROI report from Wildfire, part of the Adrants white paper series, focuses on 6 social marketing success stories from 5 different industries, each demonstrating a significant positive ROI for the featured brand.
Download the free report now to find out how your brand can maximize its social media investment.
When posting on your brand's Facebook fan page, you're limited only by your imagination (and, of course, your brand's corporate policies). But no matter what content type or subject matter you choose to post, according to Wildfire, there are six fundamental messaging strategies that you should always follow to maximize fan engagement. In this white paper, part of the Adrants white paper series, Wildfire will show you real-life examples of:
Download Best Practices for Engaging Messaging now
- The one topic fans always like to talk about
- The personal touch that leaves fans pleasantly surprised
- The one thing you need to include in every post
to see how smart brands are using these six proven strategies to tap into fan passions, trigger engagement, and make fans feel like VIPs.
According to Nielsenwire, in 2011, shipments of smartphones surpassed shipments of PCs and by early 2012, about 50 percent of U.S. mobile subscribers owned a smartphone, accounting for more than 100 million units.
The growing mobile market presents unprecedented opportunities for marketers. According to Statcounter, since January 2009, web traffic originating from mobile phones has doubled every year - accounting for 11.09 percent of global access by mid 2012. In the US, 69 percent of mobile users access the internet on their phones daily, with 46 percent of smartphone owners going online several times a day.
- One million moms get panties in a bunch, protest Ragu commercial.
- This just in! Men favor computers over television for entertainment. Um, yea. That's where the porn is!
- Why online video remains in TV's shadow.
- Why social media agencies are a farce.
- Taylor Swift gets all dolled up for Wonderstruck Enchanted Fragrance.
- Olympic super hero Michaels Phelps can be seen lounging in a bathtub for a new Louis Vuitton campaign.
On average, just 17 percent of a brand's Facebook fans share a campaign with friends and family. But top-performing social brands get 39 percent of their fans to share their campaigns. Compared to the average, these top performing brands achieve:
- 2X greater reach
- 3X greater engagement
- 10X greater fan growth
What's their secret? To find out, Wildfire analyzed 10,000 Facebook campaigns from a 9-month period. In this report
, part of the Adrants whitepaper seires, Wildfire shares the 6 best practices that allowed the top 10 percent of those campaigns to outperfom the others.
Download the report now to find out how you can improve your Facebook marketing efforts.
If you haven't been sleeping under a rock then you know social media has quickly become one of the preferred methods for brands to interact with consumers. When done right, social media can foster meaningful relationships between brands and consumers that never could have existed before.
A new report from Kenshoo, part of the Adrants white paper series, is the first of several from digital marketing shop Resolution Media and Kenshoo Social. The report looks at global trends in social media, with a specific focus on Facebook Marketplace ads, and offers actionable insights and metrics for brand advertisers. The report introduces Exposure Rate, a new metric that gives more meaning to reach.
Download the report now and learn how you can amp up your Facebook marketing.
This white paper from Limelight, part of the Adrants white paper series, will show you best practices, tips, and solutions for turning content assets into online customer engagement and higher web conversion rates.
In this report, you'll find:
- An overview of content marketing strategies and solutions
- Keys to content development success
- Must-haves for content publishing and distribution
Download this free white paper now and learn how you can implement and benefit from content marketing.
It has been well documented that just having a Facebook page or sending the occasional tweet are not enough to have a significant, sustainable impact on business results. The good news is that there are multiple ways to take advantage of the social media space, and one of the most effective places to start is actually from your own website.
This marketing brief from Janrain explores why it's important to insure interplay between your brand's website and your social channels and why that connection can vastly improve your engagement with potential customers.
Download the free whitepaper and find out how you can increase engagement and how that engagement can increase sales.
- Ladies, are you, as they say, slim and stacked? Well this new ad campaign and product line are for you.
- AKQA Founder Ajaz Ahmed rallies the troops post-WPP acquisition with a motivational internal email.
- Digital KPIs Research has found marketers are currently tracking between five and ten different digital KPIs, 24 per cent of respondents are already monitoring 10-15 and eight per cent are tracking of 16-20 while just 12 per cent keep an eye on less than five indicators. 72 per cent of respondents thought their current data load was about right but 20 per cent conceded that it was too many.
- Yawn. Man proposes to women using billboard.