According to Nielsenwire, in 2011, shipments of smartphones surpassed shipments of PCs and by early 2012, about 50 percent of U.S. mobile subscribers owned a smartphone, accounting for more than 100 million units.
The growing mobile market presents unprecedented opportunities for marketers. According to Statcounter, since January 2009, web traffic originating from mobile phones has doubled every year - accounting for 11.09 percent of global access by mid 2012. In the US, 69 percent of mobile users access the internet on their phones daily, with 46 percent of smartphone owners going online several times a day.
- One million moms get panties in a bunch, protest Ragu commercial.
- This just in! Men favor computers over television for entertainment. Um, yea. That's where the porn is!
- Why online video remains in TV's shadow.
- Why social media agencies are a farce.
- Taylor Swift gets all dolled up for Wonderstruck Enchanted Fragrance.
- Olympic super hero Michaels Phelps can be seen lounging in a bathtub for a new Louis Vuitton campaign.
On average, just 17 percent of a brand's Facebook fans share a campaign with friends and family. But top-performing social brands get 39 percent of their fans to share their campaigns. Compared to the average, these top performing brands achieve:
- 2X greater reach
- 3X greater engagement
- 10X greater fan growth
What's their secret? To find out, Wildfire analyzed 10,000 Facebook campaigns from a 9-month period. In this report
, part of the Adrants whitepaper seires, Wildfire shares the 6 best practices that allowed the top 10 percent of those campaigns to outperfom the others.
Download the report now to find out how you can improve your Facebook marketing efforts.
If you haven't been sleeping under a rock then you know social media has quickly become one of the preferred methods for brands to interact with consumers. When done right, social media can foster meaningful relationships between brands and consumers that never could have existed before.
A new report from Kenshoo, part of the Adrants white paper series, is the first of several from digital marketing shop Resolution Media and Kenshoo Social. The report looks at global trends in social media, with a specific focus on Facebook Marketplace ads, and offers actionable insights and metrics for brand advertisers. The report introduces Exposure Rate, a new metric that gives more meaning to reach.
Download the report now and learn how you can amp up your Facebook marketing.
This white paper from Limelight, part of the Adrants white paper series, will show you best practices, tips, and solutions for turning content assets into online customer engagement and higher web conversion rates.
In this report, you'll find:
- An overview of content marketing strategies and solutions
- Keys to content development success
- Must-haves for content publishing and distribution
Download this free white paper now and learn how you can implement and benefit from content marketing.
It has been well documented that just having a Facebook page or sending the occasional tweet are not enough to have a significant, sustainable impact on business results. The good news is that there are multiple ways to take advantage of the social media space, and one of the most effective places to start is actually from your own website.
This marketing brief from Janrain explores why it's important to insure interplay between your brand's website and your social channels and why that connection can vastly improve your engagement with potential customers.
Download the free whitepaper and find out how you can increase engagement and how that engagement can increase sales.
- Ladies, are you, as they say, slim and stacked? Well this new ad campaign and product line are for you.
- AKQA Founder Ajaz Ahmed rallies the troops post-WPP acquisition with a motivational internal email.
- Digital KPIs Research has found marketers are currently tracking between five and ten different digital KPIs, 24 per cent of respondents are already monitoring 10-15 and eight per cent are tracking of 16-20 while just 12 per cent keep an eye on less than five indicators. 72 per cent of respondents thought their current data load was about right but 20 per cent conceded that it was too many.
- Yawn. Man proposes to women using billboard.
So you've got a Facebook page for your brand. You diligently manage the page and post content to it. You're collecting Likes. You're getting comments. But you feel like something's missing. There should be more activity. More people commenting. More engagement overall. So what's the problem?
Allow us to introduce you to Facebook EdgeRank, EdgeRank is an algorithm that scores your Facebook posts and determines how far each post travels and how many people see it. Much like mastering Google's algorithm's for your search marketing efforts, Facebook EdgeRank must be mastered as well.
Wildfire is out with a free whitepaper that will educate you on the ins and outs of Facebook EdgeRank and teach you how to insure your posts are seen by as many of your fans and followers as possible.
For the whitepaper, Wildfire analyzed over 60,000 Facebook brand pages and 1 million posts and discovered:
- The 3 primary factors that determine your EdgeRank for any post
- The best-performing content types, and how to maximize their results
- The top 3 things you can do to increase fan engagement
Download the whitepaper now to find out how you can improve your Facebook efforts.
- Just as Axe cools things off a bit with its American advertising, it's Argentinian advertising is heating up.
- Barbarian Group has announced the hire of its first Executive Director of Business Development, Christopher Wollen. In the newly created role, Chris will be focusing on the growth of existing TBG business including Samsung, GE, Bloomberg + Pepsi, reporting directly to TBG President Sophie Kelly.
- Dylan Stuart, a business, brand and design strategist with extensive experience consulting for Fortune 500 and emerging market clients, has joined Lippincott as a partner in its London office.
- In the UK, six artists, including Banksy collaborator Paul Insect, have postered their own work over existing outdoor campaigns to "challenge the destructive impacts of the advertising industry."
The agency-client relationship has always been one of varied success. Some are rife with strife. Others schooled with cool. But it's no secret friction between agencies and clients has most always been the norm.
In a whitepaper that is somewhat self-serving (aren't they all?), collaboration platform Central Desktop takes a look at the biggest challenges facing creative agencies and brand marketers. Whitepaper findings come from a survey of 500 marketers and agencies.
If you're an agency and want to see what's angering your client, this report is for you. If you're a client and want to know what's angering your agency, this report is for you. Download the report here.