The onslaught of real-time social data means that, as marketers, we now live in a world of "presentism" where everything is real-time, always-on, pervasive, and constant. We can no longer predict the future because it's already happening -- right now.
To thrive in this new world, your traditional processes and supporting tools have to change. You need integrated team structures and streamlined processes that help you get your messages to the right audience in real time. Get started with these 5 rules for real-time marketing.
Download the free report now to insure your marketing organization is properly set up to implement real-time marketing.
Oh you're gonna love this! We just made your marketing life much easier! Ready to download and paste into the slide deck of your choice, these 40 Must-See Charts for Modern Marketers are a treasure trove of analysis and intelligence perfect for your next presentation. You'll find graphs, diagrams, and data across a range of disciplines from content marketing to email marketing and lead management to social media and events and much more. Why create a perfect slide when you can just download it. So get downloading! Right now!
No, we mean right this second! Download these awesome marketing charts now.
Today, Expion announced the results of its first FAVE 50 Social Retail Report which revealed the first half of 2013 to be the slowest growth period for retailers on Facebook since 2011, marked by a decline in fan engagement and volume despite an increase in the number of brand posts published.
The report analyzed the top 50 retail brands' performance in H1 2013, identifying two luxury brands, Tiffany & Co. and Victoria's Secret (natch), as leaders in Facebook engagement across the retail industry.
Grace Park Knows the Deal
In early May, the IAB held its Digital Content Newfronts. And today, it has released an attendee survey providing some insight into the digital upfront marketplace. The survey revealed one in three buy-side attendees felt the digital upfront marketplace positively impacted their plans for digital video advertising buys, with 78% stating they walked away with at least one new opportunity for their company or a client.
And in the no-brainer category, 70% of agency and marketer attendees also said they think it is likely that buyers will shift more budget away from television and into digital video over the course of the next year.
Some say it's the most important generation but often times traditional marketing tactics don't cut it when you're trying to share your brand story with social-savvy millennials. Corroborating that notion is a new study of millennials from SocialChorus which shows that just 6% of millennials consider online advertising to be a trusted source for product information.
So how's a marketer supposed to reach this illusive, ad-averse group? Well, it's easy and the Adrants Whitepaper series has the answer for you.
Download this report now to learn:
- How millennials prefer to interact with brands (hint: they've mastered tuning out your social advertising)
- Who 95% of millennials trust for product information
- How to power millennials to advocate for your brand and share your story with their peers
Are you armed with the right research and market trends to craft a killer marketing program? This white paper discusses developments in technology, such as social media, mobile usage and cloud services and offers practical advice on how you can take advantage of these upcoming trends to ensure you are at the forefront of multi-channel strategic marketing planning.
Download this report now to learn the top trends, challenges and opportunities facing digital marketers over the next 12 months
- Google has added favicons to its AdSense ad units.
- Awesome advice for those looking to become a social media guru:)
- Here's more data that support Apple's latest ad campaign is a failure.
- Seems a couple of ad ladies are miffed over the fact Nike doesn't sell shoes in women's sizes and aren't designed appropriately for women. Need more pink, we guess.
- AOL plans to launch an ad-tech upfront with a focus on programmatic. AOL CEO Tim Armstrong says,"It's essentially a machine upfront. We believe you will have an upfront commitment cycle that will rival TV."
- Not everyone is a fan of the Dove Real Beauty campaign. Predictably, it's a fashion form founder who has become a vocal critic of the campaign.
- A new study finds too much social media usage causes low self esteem in teenaged girls? How about in us grownups who can't stand reading about the latest and greatest accomplishments of their peers?
- Joe Jaffe's Evol8tion has acquired Bob Knorpp's Beancast podcast. Bob will continue the podcast and become SVP Chief Analyst of Evol8tion's BrandWatch product.
- A grounded viewpoint on inbound marketing that doesn't trash inbound marketing.
- This is just funny. To promote the 2013 Wiener Nationals (a dog race), Orange County-based DGWB shot a promo using GoPro cameras.
We can thank Oreo's Dunk the the Dark stunt and the growth of Big Data for the rise in prominence of real-time marketing. Of course, the onslaught of real-time social data that comes with real-time marketing means that, as marketers, we now live in a world of "presentism" where everything is real-time, always-on, pervasive, and constant. We can no longer predict the future because it's already happening right now.
To thrive in this new world, traditional processes and supporting tools have to change. Brands need integrated team structures and streamlined processes that help them get messages to the right audience in real time.
Download this tutorial from Topsy now to insure your brand has what it takes to succeed in a real-time marketing world.
If you're reading this, it's quite likely you understand the power of social media and what it can do for your brand or the brands you work on. But what about everyone else outside marketing? Do they understand what social media can do for a business? Do they really get it? Do you know how to explain it to them?
Advocate marketing company (don't you love the buzzwords wee in this business invent?) SocialChorus (and how about the company names?) is out with a whitepaper entitled Transforming Employees Into Advocates that will help you explain how to use social media to turn your brand into a social business and how every employee can advocate for the brand.
Download this whitepaper now to learn how to empower everyone in your company to become a stellar brand advocate