Red Vines Licorice is going up against a $25 million budget from competitor Hershey's Twizzlers. Using social and mobile marketing to glean a boatload of earned media, the brand hopes to put a dent in Twizzlers sales.
On YouTube the brand has launched product integration efforts with TeamStarKid's A Very Harry Musical which has garnered the brand upwards of 1. million views to date.
Using mobile, the company claims to be the first in its industry to make its products available on CheckPoints, allowing consumers to earn rewards by scanning its products while out shopping.
On Facebook the brand's initial 8,000 Facebook fans have grown to 83,000 in 12 months.
Red Vine's World of Sharing campaign has made it almost all the way around the world with close to 20,000 messages posted so far.
Denny's and Gotham teamed to launch a Facebook promotion in honor of Bacon. The restaurant chain recently launched a new "Baconalia" menu, and to hype it, the brand has decided to invite fans to participate in a Facebook sweepstakes to win tickets to Chicago's BaconFest 2011. Yes, there is actually a festivcal that celebrates bacon. Who knew.
Fans can also win $100 Denny's gift cards, and other prizes. To enter, fans visit the Denny's Facebook page, click on the BaconFest Sweepstakes tab, and enter their info.
- A behind the scenes look at the recent Megan Fox Emporio Armani shoot. 'Nuff said.
- About.com Advertising blogger Paul Suggett has had it with ads that use actors who pretend to be a brand.
- MTV is doing a behind-the-scenes look at Facebook employees.
- Here's the latest Left Brain Right Brain ad for Mercedes Israel. Shalmor Avnon Amichay/Y&R Interactive Tel Aviv created.
- Galpin Jaguar says, "If a customer buys or leases an eligible comparably equipped Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Lexus or Porsche within 10 days after a new Jaguar test drive at Galpin, they will receive an American Express Gift Card valued at $1,000,"
On April 5 Carlsberg will launch Unbottle Yourself, a competition that will encourage Swedes to engage in outgoing "missions" designed to "unbottled" the nation's apparently pent up reservations. The winner will get a free trip to Hong Kong.
The competition is delivered via mobile with an iPhone and Android app that includes over 500 missions such as silly in-store dances and dares to process one's love for another.
Prepare yourself for much light-hearted idiocy. But who knows. The competition could be the purveyor of the next viral sensation.
If you tweet about Kraft Macaroni & Cheese today, your tweet could be in a commercial on TV tonight. Kraft and its agency, Crispin Porter + Bogusky, are monitoring Twitter for tweets that mention Mac & Cheese. Five tweets will be picked for inclusion in five commercial which will be written and filmed today. One ad will air during Conan and Lopez and the other four will be viewable on the brand's Facebook page.
Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Senior Brand manager Noelle O'Meara told Mashable the tactic may be repeated if today's efforts go well. She also said the immediacy of social media has nudged marketers ever closer to real-time marketing.
Get tweeting, people!
The wall surrounding Warsaw Horse Racing Track is a monument to the Warsaw graffiti scene. About a mile of wall space covered with colorful graffiti. We're told it has always been an important place for the Polish hip-hop culture. While the area has been in decline over the years, it's still well respected by artists the world over.
Recently, Adidas planned to place ads on the wall and that has raised the ire of some in Poland who have called for a boycott of the brand. In its advertising, Adidas often uses graffiti imagery and though the groups claims the brand supports graffiti artists, the group is not pleased with Adidas' presence on their holy shrine to the graffiti art form, saying, "They do not care about our work and history."
The group has launched an Adisucks Facebook page and already has 23,227 supporters.
Do brands simply not get the culture? Do they not care? Or do these reactionary groups just have their panties in a twist over nothing?
The spin cycle of sadness. All we are saying is give socks a chance. I'm the Johnny Appleseed of missing socks. They're like sweaters on your feet. Kumbaya, my socks. If we're not careful, there's going to be a sockpocalypse.
As a follow up to its clever debut video, LBi has launched its second Sock Loss video for GE. The new PSA is for L.O.S.S. (Laundered and Orphaned Sock Society), continue to explore the mystery behind loss socks and why there always seems to be one missing.
With a series on online videos and radio commercials, Chicken of the Sea is giving life to its iconic mermaid. In the videos, we see the mermaid sitting on a rock conversing with different characters and sharing the reasons why Chicken of the Sea is so great.
One video features a boy who, as children often do, continuously asks "whay" after every answer the mermaid gives until she distracts him with, well, yet another entity that isn't as real as some would have us believe.
Right in line with the insanity that is the Charlie Sheen Saga, the Two and a Half Men star has hooked up with Celebu-tweet company Ad.ly and could earn a million dollars in his first year of sponsored tweets. Of course that's a drop in the bucket compared to what he currently earns but it never hurts to have a back up plan. Especially when you're Charlie Sheen.
As you may have heard, Sheen gained a million followers in the 25 hours and 17 minutes following his opening a Twitter account.
- Today, Herbal Essences launched the Fantasy in a Bottle contest on Facebook. Created by Saatchi & Saatchi Canada, users can select from various fantasies - such as a trip to Hawaii or maid service for a year - and get a chance to win $5000 towards it.
- The number of hookers using Facebook to advertise their services is on the rise.
- Ogilvy has apologized for a pamphlet and website offering money for body parts that was actually part of a campaign to advertise a South African horror movie.
- Some lawyers are better than others when it comes to rape.
- Into Wii? Like to spank women in short miniskirts? Like threesomes? Foursomes? Girl on girl? Then you're gonna love this Ubisoft We Dare trailer.
- Mashable has hired its own ad sales forces to be headed by former Ziff Davis VP Ken Detlet. Previously, Federated Media handled sales.