Earlier this year, a Coke Happiness Machine with "magical powers" was placed in the middle of a college campus. It "magically" dispensed various items such as pizza, balloons and a 20 foot long sub sandwich.
Well, the Happiness Machine is back and it's crossed the pond to dispense happiness to college students in the UK. It's basically the same stunt - an actual human inside a Coke machine handing out goodies - but this time the grand finale is a 20 foot long platter of cupcakes.
But the stunt achieved its goal. There was much laughter and many smiles.
If you live in San Francisco (or any other major city) you may have seen an inordinate amount of topless men and women wandering around topless for GoTopless.org, an organization the supports the notion women should be able to legally bare their breasts in public.
The stunt was organized by the Raelian Movement, that cultish group that believes "that life on Earth was the result of scientific creation by an advanced, extraterrestrial human civilization, the Elohim, mistaken for gods in the Bible."
It seems everyone wants to work at Crispin Porter + Bogusky. Even though Bogusky isn't even there anymore. He is/was, after all, the backbone of the agency. In fact, do Crispin and Porter even exist?
In any event, two Miami Ad School students, Santiago Cosme and Vicor Javier Blanco, on September 3, plan to travel from New York to Boulder without spending a dime. The pair hope the kindness of strangers will feed, clothe, house and transport them to advertising nirvana.. Why? We have no idea. They aren't even seeking a job at the agency as far as we can tell.
Vancouver chicken joint Nando's Chicken hired a squad of Chicken Vixens, sent them out during Vancouver's Pride celebration and had them slap the asses of willing people on the street. In exchange for an ass slapping, a person would receive a coupon for a free quarter chicken.
Check out more ass slapping on the restaurant's Facebook page.
Remember that donkey that was hoisted high above a beach near the coastal village of Golubitskaya in a para-sailing stunt? Remember how everyone was up in arms over the mistreatment of the animal? Well, thanks to some kind souls, the donkey is now experiencing a different sort of high. It's living the high life at the Kremlin School of Riding for a month of "Tsar" treatment. Yea, it's like a spa for donkeys.
- Greenpeace publicity stunt in Calgary ends in eight arrests.
- Some ads are destined never to see the light of day. Here's View image from Life Cover.
- According to ComScore, Inc., the number of consumers accessing business directories on mobile phones increased 14 percent year-over-year to 17.3 million users in March 2010.
- How much hipster can you fit into a Jazz? Honda Jazz illustrates.
While this just screams fake publicity stunt, it seems a resort in Russia did parasail a donkey last Thursday to promote its private beach. Or, depending upon which reports you choose to believe, a parasailing company did it to promote its own business..
The stunt took place in the coastal village of Golubitskaya. Reports state the donkey brayed loudly and children screamed at the sight while everyone took pictures and no one called the police. It's also reported the donkey landed violently and was dragged for a bit before it came to a stop.
Police in Moscow are taking a look into possible animal abuse which could result in a two year jail sentence for those behind the stunt. A video of the event can be seen here of after the jump below.
We're just too jaded to take this at face value.
- Threadless is out with a new t-shirt which puts a twist on "I'm Lovin' It" along with a graphic of Ronald barfing up his lunch.
- Apparently babies who sleep on mattresses in Milwaukee can die. Who knew?
- Yawn. Another flash mob. Oh wait, not yawn! This one's got bikinis.
- Cascadian Farms says it's the first-ever branded crop in Farmville. Starting July 19th through July 26th, Cascadian Farm will offer users the chance to purchase organic blueberries for their farms and will provide a variety of other benefits, including coupon offers and organic and green living tips that players can use offline.
- Fashion brand Band Of Outsiders the new Spider-Man, Andrew Garfield in its new ad campaign.
To urge students to...ahem...go the extra mile, The School of Visual Arts had New York-based agency KNARF design customized door installations consisting of giant envelope visuals and a handle which read "push." So, you know, the students would always be...ahem...pushing the envelope.
Steve mentioned earlier that there are some Wrath of Cannes shirts going around, and yeah, those rumours are true: the other day the Wrath's Kristen Bryan found me, handed me a Grand Coney tee and asked me to strike a "sexy" pose.
Not sure what one of those looks like, since I by nature just ooze sex out of my pores, so I whipped out some creepy awkward fist-to-face thing that was probably planted in my subconscious by AsianPoses.com.
Ask Wappling, who took the picture at left, also sported a shirt, as did Rafiq from ihaveanidea and Brett McKenzie.
The real Cannes is officially invaded. New goal - to actually experience Wrath of Cannes live. Someday.