- Don't mess with Vibram.
- The AAAAs have awarded BBH New York the O'Toole award for the Best Mid-Sized Agency of the Year.
- Orlando Bloom is pimping clothing for Japanese retailer Uniqlo.
- Supposedly, this is a cool new Pierre Morel spot for Givenchy featuring Justin Timberlake.
- Pomegranate juice will get you laid.
- Video service 12Seconds has announced it's shutting down.
- And in case you think every last bit of fun has been sucked out of flying, women's groups and flight attendants associations have sucked out even more.
- Twitter founder Evan Williams has stepped down as CEO. COO Dick Costolo will take over as CEO and Williams will focus on product development.
- Here's a new commercial for Nike Italy that goes from action to stop motion and back.
- Mark Zuckerberg gets his revenge for The Social Network.
- Can you have a kids and a great advertising career?
- An interesting story involving politics, social security, cows and 310 million tits.
A new print and outdoor ad campaign for Skyy Vodka depicts a woman clad in red leather tights and high heels getting...um...poked by a vodka bottled. Marin Institute watchdog Bruce Lee Livingston said, "This is just ridiculous, it's porn-a-hol. Underage kids will look at this and associate sexual prowess with drinking Skyy."
Well, duh. Alcohol does increase sexual prowess but we guess that's besides the point. Livingston thinks the ad industry can't regulate itself and said, "The FTC should be all over this."
Branding expert Steven Addis thinks the ad is crass and told USAToday, "It's just jamming a bottle in a woman's crotch,. A great ad uses heart or mind. This one's starting below the waist."
One might assume a woman who decides to play full on football while dressed only in football pads and lingerie would, by default, be a very social creature. After all, running around in front of thousands of people with one's boobs spilling out of a top and one's ass getting a wedgie might, by some, be considered very social.
But just is case you feel that behavior isn't very social, Adage Technologies, creator of the Lingerie Football League Fanzone, would like you to know the ladies are very social. Well, at least LFL fans are social with over 15,000 lingerie loving football fans having signed up since the site launched this summer.
Video blogger Jill Hanner is in a few commercials for Tri-State area Dana Ford car dealer. In one, looking all 1-900 dial-a-date sultry-like, she seductively coos, "Wanna save even more? Text the word 'fusion' to me, Jill at 50123. I'm waiting for your text."
Of course some creep called the car dealer asking if he could have Jill's phone number so he could call her.
Hanner was an "agent" for Ford's Fiesta Movement campaign which gave Ford Fiestas to 100 social media elite so they could record their every experience with the car during a 6 month period.
There's a few ways to sell a fragrance. Hire Britney Spears. Hire Beyonce. Hire Sean Combs. Overpay Nicole Kidman. Or, if you're Playboy, grab a Playmate, dress her like a school teacher and have her lecture about how to choose a fragrance while sitting on a desk.
It's Friday. It's almost the weekend. And we're getting a late start today. So we think this little news item from one of our favorite PR professionals is perfect to share. It's light. It's fun. And it's involves hot cheerleaders. Without further ado, here's what we were sent:
'In case you think ChaCha is only about text messages: On ChaCha.com, the Justin Bieber Topic page usually gets 1,200 page views a day and has remained in the #1 spot for a very long time. Nikki Minaj has recently taken the leading spot, applying pressure to the Bieb's in a very close battle for #1.
But, yesterday, Justin got spanked by 20 of the hottest NFL cheerleaders who collected 16,000+ page views.
I send this as a fun fact, not so you can ask me how to get in touch with that Redskins cheerleader (although if in your other reporting you find out, DO let me know.)"
Thanks, George. We'll do out best investigative journalism on that for you.
And on the heels of Brazilian model Sabraine Banando's traffic stopping billboard appearance for Wonderbra's Full Effect Bra, 19-year-old X Factor contestant Lucie Jones has been selected to front a new campaign for the line.
Which makes perfect sense because Jones has always wanted bigger boobs. In an interview with MailOnline, she said, "Sometimes I really want to wear a specific dress and I just have nothing to fill the top half of it." Well now you can bust right out of that dress, Lucie because your breasts will be enormous thanks to the miraculous Full Effect Bra!
- Japan has never had a better spokesperson than Hannah Minx.
- Milla Jovovich fronts the new Fall 2010 campaign for ICB.
- Can't get enough Megan Fox. See her in a new commercial for Emporio Armani. She's also signed on as the new face of Giorgio Armani Cosmetics.
- Manofest has the 25 Sexiest Beer Print Ads of All Time. Unsurprisingly, we've written about almost all of theme here on Adrants.
And the industry thinks Adrants is obsessed with sex in advertising? We simply beg to differ what with the continual onslaught of sex-laced goodness emanating from Copyranter over the years. Today, Copyranter features a fruit-filled, sex-laced commercial (mildly NSFW) for, well, fruit-filled, sex-laced "cosmetics" from sex shop Soft Paris.
Citing several other examples - all filled with sexual connotation - Copyranter goes against the ad's production company which touted the ad as the sexist commercial ever. Personally, we think bringing fruit into sex is just messy. We're clean like that.