PETA continues it's long-standing mission of capturing every Hollywood star, fashion model and porn star nude for...oh wait...this isn't PETA...this is Marc Jacobs. And he's got Marisa Miller with her clothes off in a new ad campaign for his skin cancer awareness campaign, Protect the Skin You're In.
Along with Heidi Klum, Naomi Campbell, Helena Christensen and Victoria Beckham who have appeared in the campaign in the past, Miller is promoting the sale of t-shirts (emblazoned with her D cup glory) with proceeds going to support the NYU Cancer Institute.
Of the ad, Miller writes on her blog, "I thought wearing my Chucks was better than heels, right? The skate deck I'm holding is a really cool vintage deck from Santa Cruz Skateboards. It was made over to promote the charity - but maybe one day I can post the original with the SC skate logos :)"
What would Adrants be if it weren't for our annual celebration of the sexiest, hottest, most tantalizing ads of the year? Advertising Age? Probably not but you can't get what we've got over there because, well, they have rules. Journalistic integrity. And a reputation to uphold. Us? We starve to bring you the good stuff every day of the year.
Anyway, here's a roundup of the 21 hottest ads of 2010. Who can forget Diesel's recent ad campaign shoot at the Brooklyn Law School library which sent everyone into a tizzy of Puritanical Proportion? Or Tehmeena Afzal who "lent her giants to the New York Giants" in a video that will truly make you want to "play" something completely different after viewing. Good God, the woman is hot!
The stunning allure of this Oh La La Cheri video had us wanting to give up writing about advertising all together and become a fashion photographer. These Dim Lingerie-enhanced breasts had a cat so excited he had to rip the woman's bra off in a public market. And speaking of breasts, if you like really big ones, we guarantee you'll love this Bennets Motorcycle Insurance video featuring the pendulous pulchritude of the 32G-equipped Lucy Pinder whose breasts test the limits or her bathing suit's ability to properly contain the cavernous cleavage of her mountainous mammeries.
This round of last week's top stories brings us one of the funniest commercials we've seen in a long time; Kevin Bacon playing Kevin Bacon's biggest fan for Logitech. He nails it perfectly. In other popular stories this week, AT&T very humorously attempts to tell us it has the best 3G service, Ian McKellen is seduced by Marion Cotillard, Dirdle-dressed hotties dance to promote Bavarian tourist destination, members of the Lingerie Football League support PETA and Dr. Ashley proves only the Old Spice guy can be the Man You Wish Your Man Smelled Like.
1. Kevin Bacon is Kevin Bacon's Biggest Fan
2. Worst Bra Commercial Ever!
3. Marion Cotillard Helps Crippled Ian McKellen Walk
4. AT&T Has the Fastest Mobile Broadband. Um....Hahahahahaha!
5. You're an Asshat for Calling 'Dibs' on That Parking Space
6. Hip Hop Hotties Hype Bavarian-Themed Tourist Destination
7. Lingerie Football League Hotties Save Rabbits, Elephants
8. HBO Programming Crowdsourced
9. Sometimes All You Need is a Logo
10. Dr. Ashley is Not the Man You Wish You Could Smell Like
- Natalie Portman is the new face for Dior Chérie fragrance and will appear in a series of print ads shot by Tim Walker and a TV campaign by Sofia Coppola in March 2011.
- In 2011 80% of US businesses with 100+ employees will use social media marketing, up 42% from 2008.
- Daffy's does AssCrackVertising.
- A New Zealand ad campaign has raised the ire of people after suggesting low-carb beer is only for homosexuals.
- In most places bras are sold by having models wear them while prancing around as if they want to have sex with you. In Taiwan, they just hang them on a Christmas tree.
- Absolut is out with an iPad version of its Drinkspiration app.
- To help raise money for the United Way, Colle+McVoy has launched Happy Exchange where everyone is invited to join the effort by posting their smile for just $1.
- Calling McDonald's a "hip hangout" is never a good thing. Especially in a forced product placement.
- Former buy.at executives have launched Performance Horizon Group which is out with new products aimed at improving campaign management for agencies and lead generation for publishers.
- Gossip Girl's Blake Lively has been tapped (not literally, of course...because that would be gross) by Karl Lagerfeld to front his Winter/Spring 2011 Chanel ad campaign.
Miss us? Yea, it's been quiet here for a few days. But it was for good reason., We were at a conference called SocialFresh and it was held on a cruise ship with seriously limited internet access. More on that later. For now, let's talk about Woody Goomsba and Leavenworth Washington. Never heard of it? Well, you will have after you've viewed this video promoting the Bavarian-themed destination.
Unlike your average tourism video which barfs up transitional imagery of a destination's supposed beauty, Leavenworth takes a different approach. it's not a new approach but it works. The strategy? Hot women dressed in sexed-up Dirndle wear who hang with crackin' nutcracker Woody Goomsba and gyrate to the sounds of some beat heavy hip hop rap.
Remember music glass in elementary school? You had to learn the fundamentals of musical notes. From A to G. Octaves. And all that good stuff. Remember when you first laid eyes on a bra and realized they were sized using letters of the alphabet akin to musical notes being assigned to letters of the alphabet? Remember how you never made a correlation between the naming of musical notes and the cup size of a bra?
Yea, because no one had ever made that correlation before. But now - and it was only a matter of time - a brand has made that very correlation. That brand is La Senze and the correlation comes in the form of The Cup Size Choir.
A new video from La Senza rings in the holiday season with women ranging in cup size from A to G who, while dressed in lingerie, sing a holiday tune as they gyrate on beds. There's even an interactive version where you can click each girl to have her sing her note for you.
An ad on Craig's List seeks additional models for a commercial that's being shot for a Chicago area lingerie brand. The ad promises no nudity or provocative photography will be taken. Say what? This is a lingerie shoot isn't it? How do you shoot a lingerie commercial without being at least a tint bit provocative?
The only thing we can come up with is that Sears is coming out with a line of lingerie for women who don't want to feel sexy while wearing it. Maybe targeted towards the over 75 set?
And on top of all of this, the gig is unpaid. But no worries, ladies. The ad promises the "material will be seen by ad execs and is a great way to be seen." The question is, seen by ad execs for what purpose? We're not going to ponder the answer to that question because it can only go south from here.
- Oragina spoofs commercial after commercial after commercial.
- Las Vegas ad campaign targets recession survivors.
- If you follow fashion advertising you'll be interested to know Anna Dello Russo is out with a new campaign for her fragrance. If you're not, then just move right along.
- Interested in what online video can do for your marketing? Check out this webinar by video blogging expert Steve Garfield.
- And don't forget to submit your hotness to Advertising Hotties.
Coral Perez, an unemployed flight attendant who used to work for the now defunct Mexicana airline, gathered together ten of her sexist co-workers and made a 2011 pin up calendar in an effort to garner support for the airline. Of the campaign, Perez said, "It occurred to me because we all needed money, and I thought that with so many pretty girls among Mexicana's staff there were bound to be some who'd be interested."
The calendar features images of the flight attendants dressed in bikinis and sexed up flight attendant garb.