It's Friday. It's almost the weekend. And we're getting a late start today. So we think this little news item from one of our favorite PR professionals is perfect to share. It's light. It's fun. And it's involves hot cheerleaders. Without further ado, here's what we were sent:
'In case you think ChaCha is only about text messages: On ChaCha.com, the Justin Bieber Topic page usually gets 1,200 page views a day and has remained in the #1 spot for a very long time. Nikki Minaj has recently taken the leading spot, applying pressure to the Bieb's in a very close battle for #1.
But, yesterday, Justin got spanked by 20 of the hottest NFL cheerleaders who collected 16,000+ page views.
I send this as a fun fact, not so you can ask me how to get in touch with that Redskins cheerleader (although if in your other reporting you find out, DO let me know.)"
Thanks, George. We'll do out best investigative journalism on that for you.
And on the heels of Brazilian model Sabraine Banando's traffic stopping billboard appearance for Wonderbra's Full Effect Bra, 19-year-old X Factor contestant Lucie Jones has been selected to front a new campaign for the line.
Which makes perfect sense because Jones has always wanted bigger boobs. In an interview with MailOnline, she said, "Sometimes I really want to wear a specific dress and I just have nothing to fill the top half of it." Well now you can bust right out of that dress, Lucie because your breasts will be enormous thanks to the miraculous Full Effect Bra!
- Japan has never had a better spokesperson than Hannah Minx.
- Milla Jovovich fronts the new Fall 2010 campaign for ICB.
- Can't get enough Megan Fox. See her in a new commercial for Emporio Armani. She's also signed on as the new face of Giorgio Armani Cosmetics.
- Manofest has the 25 Sexiest Beer Print Ads of All Time. Unsurprisingly, we've written about almost all of theme here on Adrants.
And the industry thinks Adrants is obsessed with sex in advertising? We simply beg to differ what with the continual onslaught of sex-laced goodness emanating from Copyranter over the years. Today, Copyranter features a fruit-filled, sex-laced commercial (mildly NSFW) for, well, fruit-filled, sex-laced "cosmetics" from sex shop Soft Paris.
Citing several other examples - all filled with sexual connotation - Copyranter goes against the ad's production company which touted the ad as the sexist commercial ever. Personally, we think bringing fruit into sex is just messy. We're clean like that.
- Philips has released a romantic comedy called Nigel & Victoria. The first three episodes are on YouTube.
- Ladies with iPhones, want bigger boobs? Check out the iAugment app from Dr. Kinsley. Upload your photo and then choose your implant size to see what you'll look like.
- The Lingerie Football League is coming to MTV2.
- Intimate Interactive is now following us on Twitter. Intimate Interactive? Seriously? Is that like an interactive agency for lingerie clients?
- Well here's an interesting way to sell cars.
No sooner do we offer a shockingly un-Adrants-like viewpoint concerning the use of sex in advertising, we are forced (with tooth picks in our eyes!) to endure the tantalizing gyrations of a bevy of bathing suit-clad hotties as they dance (in sow motion, no less) across a beach volleyball court to pimp Club Seat.
Club Seat is a promotional entity of Volkswagen Group UK which hosts special events around the globe. The Beach Volleyball Grand Slam Gstaad 2010 is one such event.
Yea. The whole anti-sex sells rant was a waste of time. Bring on the booty!
Playboy has been curating a Miss Social competition which seeks to name the hottest woman using social media. Over 2,000 nominees, who had to use social networking sites (e.g., YouTube, Twitter, Facebook) to promote themselves and urge their friends/followers/family/public to vote for them using a specific keyword and mobile shortcode, have been winnowed down to 16 finalists.
The finalists will face off against one another in a bracket competition with the winner chosen by the public via text. All 16 finalists are beautiful women. All have wonderful attributes. The choice will not be an easy one.
But we're going to offer up some choices of our own.
Best Figure: Dewi
Best Booty: Kristin
Best Boobs (real): Amy
Best Boobs (Questionable): Chaney
Best (Most) Tattoo: Asia
Cast your vote here.
Intentional or not, this new video from Agent Provocateur entitled Betty Sue pays homage to the early ninties TV oddity Twin Peaks. From the music to the dancing in a strange room to the cinematography, it has David Lynch written all over it.
Alas David Lynch had nothing to do with this production. Perhaps a fan of Lynch, the video was directed by Johan Renck and produced by RSA Films. It's steamy. It's weird. It's right up Agency Provocateur's alley.
Hyping the fact nobody takes off more, 70 percent, a campaign in Northern Ireland for retailer The Outlet features people with, well, 70 percent of their clothing off. Some, we're told, will be 100 percent naked which is, we're told, a big deal for the conservative Northern Ireland market.
The campaign, which includes print, radio, outdoor, digital and promotion, is called The Naked Truth and broke this week.
- Greenpeace publicity stunt in Calgary ends in eight arrests.
- Some ads are destined never to see the light of day. Here's View image from Life Cover.
- According to ComScore, Inc., the number of consumers accessing business directories on mobile phones increased 14 percent year-over-year to 17.3 million users in March 2010.
- How much hipster can you fit into a Jazz? Honda Jazz illustrates.