- Oragina spoofs commercial after commercial after commercial.
- Las Vegas ad campaign targets recession survivors.
- If you follow fashion advertising you'll be interested to know Anna Dello Russo is out with a new campaign for her fragrance. If you're not, then just move right along.
- Interested in what online video can do for your marketing? Check out this webinar by video blogging expert Steve Garfield.
- And don't forget to submit your hotness to Advertising Hotties.
Coral Perez, an unemployed flight attendant who used to work for the now defunct Mexicana airline, gathered together ten of her sexist co-workers and made a 2011 pin up calendar in an effort to garner support for the airline. Of the campaign, Perez said, "It occurred to me because we all needed money, and I thought that with so many pretty girls among Mexicana's staff there were bound to be some who'd be interested."
The calendar features images of the flight attendants dressed in bikinis and sexed up flight attendant garb.
- How Google Instant can destroy your brand's reputation. And the steps you can take to avoid this from happening.
- Royal Caribbean has teamed up with Starbucks and DreamWorks with a brand partnership for its newest ship, Allure of the Seas.
- Sarah Jessica Parker has hooked up with Barnes 7 Noble to hype the retailer's NookColor eReader in a series of commercials which broke this week.
- eMarketer reports holiday ecommerce will hit $38.5 billion this year, up 14.3 percent from 2009.
- Seven things you didn't know display ads could do.
- Voting is so amazing it will give you an orgasm.
- LeBron James is trying to sell his line of Home Court furniture to a wise ass.
- Yawn. Red Bull is hosting a consumer-generated advertising contest.
- Want to see German hottie Sylvie van der Vaart? Well then you have to watch this 4:30 video about how a promotional art installation was put together for Xbox Kinect
Amidst the onslaught of bikinis, celebrities and breasts, it's nice to see a few other subject areas rise to the top of the pile on Adrants this past week. Tops among the non boob-related stories last week was the news that the stunningly beautiful Embrace Life seat belt safety PSA won YouTube's Ad of the Year Award. And on the flip side of that stellar work, we were treated to some of the most horrifically forced product placement ever to grace television. Enjoy reliving the week:
1. Polish Politician Pimps Political Prowess in Bikini
2. Taylor Momsen Didn't Always Wear Black Eye Shadow and Slutty Clothes
3.Law School Shocked Over Racy Diesel Ad Shoot
4. Victoria Justice Joins Photoshop Disasters For Got Milk Campaign
5. Hypocrisy + Idiocy = Candies Safe Sex PSA
6. Facebook Hates Breast Feeding
7. 'Days of Our Lives' Riddled With Horrific Product Placement
8. Beckinsale, Deschanel, Larter Drop, Twist and Bleed For Absolut
9. Infographic Compares Mad Men Era to Today
10. Embrace Life PSA Wins YouTube Ad of the Year
When it comes to having sex, it's all about making the right choices. So, what better way to encourage young, horny 16-24 year olds to make the right choices than by giving them the chance to experience the outcome of their choices.
Using the choose your own adventure approach, UK-based NHS Bristol and NHS Choices is out with a Omni Productions-created YouTube video campaign that follows the night time adventures of several young kids making there way through the night. Along the way, they are given various choices. Buy a condom. Don't buy a condom. have sex without a condom. Have sex with a condom.
While not displaying full nudity, the video campaign doesn't shy away from showing the heat of the sexual moment...and the consequences of making the wrong choice.
Hey, if you're hot, why not use that hotness to get you elected to political office? Shoving aside the notion people might not take her seriously, Polish pop singer Sara May, also known as Katarzyna Szczolek, posed in her bikini for a series of ads.
She hopes the ads garner her the attention she needs to get elected for local office. In one ad, she appears laying on a beach wearing a bikini along with the copy, "Beautiful. Independent. Competent." Another, obviously going after animal lovers, shows her holding a puppy with the copy, "Honest. Sincere. Uncompromising."
We suggest an additional concept. Picture May, shot from behind, her ass clad in a thong as she peers back over her shoulder atop the copy, "Dedicated. Delicious. Open for Business."
When they gave Diesel permission to use their library last March for a ten hour ad campaign shoot, did the Brooklyn Law School really think the outcome wouldn't be racy? Apparently not because the school now regrets allowing the brand to use their facilities.
In an email to students and staff, the school's Dean wrote, 'We are as shocked and mortified as you must be by these photographs. When the school gave its permission to do the shoot, the school was assured that the photos would be in good taste. They are not.'
A spokesperson told Above the Law, "Television and movie producers frequently ask for permission to use our beautiful facilities as a backdrop and we try to oblige when we can. When we gave Diesel jeans permission to do a photo shoot, we understood that jeans, and not what is worn under them, would be the subject of the shoot. We would not want to create the impression that the featured attire was approved by us."
Here's a really, really...REALLY bad lingerie ad but since out charter requires us to cover any and all use of sex to sell, we are obligated to share this drivel with you. You can just hear the thought process of the concepting session for this ad: "Dude, let's riff off the women in prison thing. It will be so hot!"
So last week's most read stories here on Adrants offered up women with huge boobs in tiny bikinis holding guns, lingerie as a form of discipline, Verizon trying to get hip with Apple, yet another Old Spice spoof, Miranda Kerr tantalizing us with a seductive invitation into her bedroom, a time traveling phone, Japanese tourism boosted with branded bra and miniskirt and Facebook's apparent ineffectiveness business website traffic generation.
1. Girls With Boobs...Uh...Guns Pose For Charity
2. Lingerie Brand Teaches Men A Lesson
3. Verizon Teams With iPad to Hype Upcoming Apple Relationship
4. The Sun Spoofs Old Spice to Pimp Page 3 Girls
5. Miranda Kerr Wants You to Get Into Bed With Her
6. Lingerie Shot, Asses Tightened, Underwood Glamed
7. Charlie Chaplin Time Traveler Device Perfect For Branded Apps
8. Triumph Bra and Miniskirt Welcome Visitors to Japan
9. Without Proper Eyesight, Grave Errors Will be Made
10. Study Trashes Effectiveness of Facebook, Twitter