Every year we wait...with baited breath...for the next Go Daddy Super Bowl spot. Oh wait. GoDaddy CEO Bob Parsons might wait with baited breath. We just anticipate yet another over the top, sex sells approach to Super Bowl silliness.
This year, GoDaddy will run two ads during the Super Bowl. One, called The Cloud, will feature Danica Patrick, who appears to be dressed like an Axe Fallen Angel, and the Pussycat Dolls. Now that ought to be some amped up feminine hotness.
Of the commercial, an excited parsons said, "How can we produce a Super Bowl ad that's fun, edgy, slightly inappropriate and also speak to cloud-based products? Like only Go Daddy can ... trust me, it'll be as GoDaddy-esque as ever. Danica will surpass her most revealing Go Daddy moment, from back in 2008 when she gave us the big unzip!"
And we wait with baited breath...
Earlier this year, MTV Germany, with help from Grey, launched a cartoon-style safe sex campaign that illustrated some pretty ridiculous situation in which a "sex accident" could occur. The campaign has now taken on video form. In three new ads a guy water skis into the backside of a woman, a flying woman falls onto a sitting man and a Vespa crash turns into pool sex. Ridiculously funny.
In what Illegal Advertising properly dubs a guerrilla catwalk, German lingerie label Blush takes on the French with a bit of guerrilla warfare in Paris. The brand sent a model clad in underwear to roam the famous landmarks and streets of Paris. Heads do turn but this being Paris, not so much as you would think. We especially like the well planted group of camera-wielding Asians as the model struts her way to the Eiffel Tower.
- Allow us to introduce you to AgencyPeephole, an Instagram-y holiday activity mashup that lets agencies aggregate their holiday party pictures on Instagram.
- Infographic: 7 Best Practices For Building A Smarter Ad. From MediaMind.
- NBC Politics has partnered with Foursquare to launch Presidential election campaign check ins.
- Pandora and Pepsi have teamed with the Recording Academy for a Grammy Awards promotion. fans will be given a Grammy mixtape. a video series and a special Grammy-themed Pandora station.
- A very powerful spot on the topic of school bullying.
- eMarketer is out with its latest forecast on time spent with media. Mobile jumped 20% rom 2010.
You may remember Justine Jaro from her earlier work with footwear retailer Primitive Shoes. If not, you've been asleep at the wheel. Allow us to refresh your memory. Awake yet? We think so. Now, in what can only be summed up as hyper-sexualized Doublemint work, Justine's sister Dawn has joined the Primitive Shoes campaign for yet another deliciously racy video.
Watch in wonder as the sisters engage in every conceivable porn cliche from the feathery pillow fight (while wearing lingerie, of course) to hand bra poses atop a skyline to pleated, plaid, miniskirt school girl antics to frolicking in bed to the liquor facial to alluring candy chewing to the gratuitous booty shot to hairbrush singing. Yes, this video has got it all.
And somehow it's supposed to convince you to by sneakers.
Oh if only! If only it were OK to objectify women. Say what? You're offended by the notion anyone could endorse the objectification of women? Well why not? Women are hot. Why can't we dress them in bikinis and lingerie and place them in a Ryanair calendar. After all, everyone does it so it must be OK, right?
Sadly, it's not OK. But as long as members of the human race are sexually attracted to one another, there's always going to be some leveraging of that in all forms of culture. It doesn't make it right. It's just the way it is. Of course, that doesn't mean it's OK for Ryanair to dress its cabin crew in lingerie and place them in a pin-up calendar to pimp the airline. Or does it?
You'd be hard pressed to find a man (and some women) who, if he/she were being 100 percent honest, would say he/she hates to see hot women dressed in lingerie. It's just the way it is.
Remember that Figleaves Lingerie poster that caused a stir in London? If you don't recall, see the image to the left. The campaign has brought the brand a 65 percent increase in sales. Furthering the delivery of its message that hot women do, indeed, look hot in lingerie...even if those women make up less than one percent of the population of hardly come close to representing the average woman...the brand has created a video.
The video highlights the poster's affect on those who pass by it. It's nothing to write Cannes about but it's a funny take on a brand poking fun at itself. Reportedly there have been various accidents in and around the Tube as men angle for a better glimpse of the very hot Martina Volkova.
Well everyone else has written about this so we might as well too. The Advertising Standards Authority, a UK-based entity that will ban ads even if they get as little as a couple of complaints. This time around, panties are in a bunch over a cosmetic surgery ad that promotes bobs jobs. The ad, which looks very much like the cover of Cosmopolitan, takes the form of a bus shelter and reads "Cosmetic" across the top.
Other text call outs include "Boob Jobs," Same Day Surgery," "get more, pay less" and "more affordable than you may think." A model with substantial breasts graces the cover as well.
The ASA has taken issue with the ad because it makes light of cosmetic surgery and targets young women. The ASA said the ad's image of "the woman with large breasts and a top which accentuated that conveyed the message that breast surgery was a straightforward, risk-free lifestyle decision" and that the ad did not promote the procedure "in a sufficiently responsible manner."
- Apparently if you wear the right brand of fashion, the walk of shame is much less shameful. In fact, it becomes the Stride of Pride.
- Oh what would December be without a Victoria's Secret holiday commercial?
- And on the same theme of hot women with little to no clothes on, we are happy to share this odd little gem from Doutzen Kroes.
- Scarlett Johansson does her best to promote Ofam Gifts but doesn't like "animator boy" transforming her outerwear into a Santa mini-dress.
OK. Here's your racy ad for the day and the top ten tips you should be aware of if you plan to employ your own "sex sells" strategy in your next campaign. This particular campaign employs the perfect combination of bikinis and board.
1. Gratuitous, slow motion close up shots of gyrating booty in a bikini.
2. Playful undressing that teases.
3. Bikini clad babes lounging while watching their boys to their thing.
4. A woman expelling liquid from her mouth.
5. A woman sucking on a straw.