Out of the mouth of babes. And we don't mean the kind that wear diapers. No. Rather the kind that wear tiny little bikinis and prance around a hanger while a Lexus LFA Supercar drifts around her. The babe in question is Dutch supermodel Rianne ten Haken and of her experience with the Lexus supercar, she said, "I think the car just sounds like testosterone. Like, full on, like, strong power. It moves so quickly that I didn't even realize what was going on and it was just like the energy around me totally changed."
Just. So. Intellectual.
Anyway, the whole thing was a photo shoot for a four page Lexus spread in today's Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. TeamOne Creative is the agency behind the work.
Catch another glimpse of Haken here. After all, who really cares about the car?
We admit we love women in high heels. We love women in high heels and swimwear. And we love women in high heels and swimwear who luxuriate by the pool as if they were at photoshoot.
However, as much as we love this scenario, we're going to go out on a limb and posit most women don't do this. Unless...oh wait...they're a model at a fashion shoot for Nine West.
As Valentine's Day approaches, dating networks are pushing hard to recruit new members. Anastasia International, a large international dating community on the web, has recruited Russian etymologist and renowned web personality Marina Orlova from Hot For Words to study the history of "French Kissing" in a new video for their latest promotional campaign.
In one of the most unsexy outings we have seen in a very long time, Khloe Kardashian and husband Lamar Odom, in a fragrance commercial for Unbreakable, utter banalties like, "There's something sexy about a couple sharing a scent...that perfect mix of masculine and feminine...that sometimes the bond between two soles is truly unbreakable."
Yea, they won't be saying that when they're divorce is plastered all over Perez Hilton. Oops. Sorry. That was really mean.
Ministry of Paintball, known as the UK's biggest paintball company with over 120 indoor and outdoor paintball locations in the UK and more in Australia has taken a page out of the Sex Sells manual with an ad that places hotness front and center.
With the image of a scantily clad woman wearing a camo print bikini and black leather boots while holding some heavy paintball artillery, the double entendre headline, "It's time to play," cuts to the heart of the matter. It is, indeed, time to play. One way or another. Depending, of course, upon how you choose to interpret the ad. We're hoping the ad's just talking about shooting paintballs.
Alright. Enough of this Super Bowl crap. Let's get back to what's really important in advertising; hot women in shorts skirts who sell liquor on a billboard. Yes. After all, why discuss the insipid idiocy of, say, the Doritos Crash the Super Bowl dreck when you can focus on the ingenuity of high quality creative such as that display on this billboard for Angostura Rum.
The ad, which features a woman in a very short, booty-revealing skirt mocks Scotland's kilt-wearing men with the headline, "In Scotland, men dance in skirts. In Trinidad, men dance with women in skirts."
- While we were all watching the ads during the Super owl, the Lingerie Football League held their Lingerie Bowl in Las Vegas. If you care, the Los Angeles Temptation beat the Philadelphia Passion 36-25.
- Sony Ericsson launched its Xperia Play last night with a commercial in top ten local markets during the Super Bowl.
- Fiat has launched an app that recognizes traffic signs and transforms them into features of the new Punto Evo.
And in the midst of all the Super Bowl hoopla, we have PETA screaming for attention with the announcement German hottie Hana Nitsche will pose nude for the cause group in a new ad. Who is Hana Nitsche? She was second runner up on Germany's Next Top Model Other than that, she's just hot, single and loves exotic looking men.
Why do we waste out time with this shit?
- Former agency guy Cornelio Prick (seriously) and Hugh Prick (seriously) sick and tired of syndicated columnists giving half-ass answers to people and have launched their own Q&A site, Dear Pricks.
- McKee Wallwork Cleveland is out with their annual ADBOWL, real-time website that tracks what consumers think of Super Bowl ads. And it's an iPhone app too!
- Yawn. PETA films hot models fellating vegetables because, well, it's sexy and they're never going to get on the Super Bowl anyway.
- Don't let your partner interrupt your dreams.
- And in more PETA news, the organization wants to put up a Go Vegan billboard in Denver but two outdoor companies have rejected it. Something about cattlemen's inability to come.
- The call for entries is now open for the 2011 international ADC Student Brief competition, part of the ADC 90th Annual Awards. The deadline is March 18.